[Mod] Return to Lothgor city

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
Spathi

Re: [Mod] Return to Lothgor city

Post by Spathi »

Yes, no crash

Need a trident, accuracy and some light weapons skill to defeat mosquitoes though, or fireburst.

It is a level 1 character though. I am using 1 character, but even 4 would be pretty hard if not impossible.
macBos

Post by macBos »

OK then.

I admit it can be tough on the beginning, maybe I'll consider lowering of HP to some monsters...
Thanks for feedback.
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

macBos wrote:OK then.

I admit it can be tough on the beginning, maybe I'll consider lowering of HP to some monsters...
Thanks for feedback.

Agreed.... much too difficult for low level characters.
Regards,

RMariano
macBos

Post by macBos »

It's true. But remember what the ogre said :) It's challenge which nobody has accomplished yet. But I tried that with new party and, despite it's tough, it's possible to pass that anyway.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

macBos wrote:It's true. But remember what the ogre said :) It's challenge which nobody has accomplished yet. But I tried that with new party and, despite it's tough, it's possible to pass that anyway.
almost everything is possible to accomplish. I have seen people beating some ultra hard dungeon on Hard, playing ironman etc... however problem is, that not everybody enjoy such a challenge. You have to relaize if you want make your dungeon for "masses" - so majority players will enjoy it, or you want make it "evil" and only few hardcore players will enjoy it. As I am hardcore player I do not mind, but it´s just my observation :) ofc: at the end I usually admit that I prefer if more players enjoy what I have created so I lowered the difficulty :) I think in time you will reach the same decision ;)
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
macBos

Post by macBos »

You're right, I definitely acknowledge your attitude. On the other hand if I make it easier (by default) it won't be challenging for advanced players. The game itself offers other ways to make the playthrough not so hard - for example playing on Easy difficulty or import more skilled party. I won't stubbornly claim I just don't want to change the difficulty but let's wait fore some more feedback from another players.
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

The dungeon gets really good , but confusing with the messy map though. Maybe slightly too maze-like.
(the underwater bit in the ne is a fun puzzle, tough)

This is where I cheated...
1/ I made myself level 6 and spawned a trident to defeat the mozzies at the start.
2/ I spawned wiz virge for the room full of creatures...
3/ I virge killed all the ogres (and spawned energy potions to do it)..
SpoilerShow
I suppose I was suppose to walk them to the electricity chamber, but honestly it is too tedious
4/ Where is the trident or are you suppose to throw rocks underwater? anyway I spawned one. Been using trident for the whole game, lol.

did fire and currently in underwater dungeon. Cleared the "X" key, chest and got the potion at the end... is that it?
Now I am stuck... What are the two NW underwater heads for and how do I open the NW gate nearby? I tried standing at the intersection of the heads until I ran out of breath.
I have a gold key... is that for later?
macBos

Post by macBos »

Spathi:

Thanks for comment. I try to answer to you questions:
(Contains game progress spoilers)
SpoilerShow
1/ The game should be finishable almost without weapons - if there is necessary to kill some monster there is usually a room or area nearby which can be used for such purpose
2/ There is already one Wizard virge in the game so you would get it finally later
3/ There is also one trident somewhere in the game but is not necessary for the game progress (zarchtons don't need to be killed)
4/ The ogres over the arena -> see clue nr. 1/ (it means that your assumption is right ;) )
5/ Two underwater heads are really the clue - try to look around carefully nearby

Now you're suppose to gain all the keys to go to forgotten chapel.
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

thx, hard to spot without being allowed to use light spells.

I have 3 elements and most keys, but these are what I want to quit on, lol...
big spoilers so don't look if you just started.
SpoilerShow
How do I open the NW underwater gate?
What is the ogre statue for, did I miss something or is it later?
Does air have a secret pedestal?
How do u open the pit gate near/underneath the incinerator, did I miss something or is it later? I was thinking about getting an ogre to charge the half wall, but I killed him.
What was the clue about liking the light for (near the ogre near the arena chamber switch)?
What is the empty flask for?... I forgot where I got it
How do I get the grand wizard ogres door open? I though it might have something to do with the serpent staff?
There are 3 edge of map doors with no switch on the arena map. I assume the top 1 is for later, but the other bottom 2?
After climbing out of the "double depth water frog" room, i pushed the button on the way out, but it did not do anything I could see or hear
Also all the cell levers I set to down eventually, but it is hard to work out what they do? maybe it needs a scroll clue
macBos

Post by macBos »

Thanks Spathi for playing and reporting. I'm glad that there are no problems in the game reported by you so far. I mean scripting problems, bugs, crashes etc.

I don't want to completely reveal puzzles solutions but in case that you're really stuck these hints can help you:
SpoilerShow
- Be aware that in the game there are some places/items/weapons which cannot be relevant to game progress. So some of found items/doors are not supposed to be used/passed at all.
- the gate opening is connected with the well which is behind it (try to look what's inside the well)
- clue about hating darkness is helpful for passing the ogre in hallway right before processing to level 3 (experimental chambers)
- levers in cells are just blocking mechanisms for each door placed next to it
- button that you mentioned is just for unblocking the door which are closest to the button (to prevent players stucking - related to previous hint)
- finally, door with ogre behind - try to find the way there by looking around carefully again, the solution is not far from there

Return to “Custom Dungeons”