[Mod] Return to Lothgor city

Are you looking for fun Custom Dungeons that you could play or do you want to share your mod with others? Then this forum is for you!
macBos

[Mod] Return to Lothgor city

Post by macBos »

Hi all

There's my custom dungeon Return to Lothgor city.
It's not too long, basically it started just like a prove of concept of my abilities to use the editor. As the work was continuing it occurred to me to make a complete dungeon.

I hope it would be exciting for you. I tried to put there many (hopefully interesting) puzzles rather than tough fights using various scripting tricks. So it should be certainly finishable also with new party.

------------------------------------------------

Description:
You are returning from naval expedition with valuable load. Your only endeavor is to bring 7 precious gems back to the hometown of Lothgor. You just landed and only a couple of steps remain to achieve Lothgor's gate. Everything seems to be accomplished already...

This mod is mainly for players with spirit of adventurer and taste for puzzles solving rather than numerous fighting. Recommended is start-up with new party (even if it could be tough at the beginning because mod is conceived as survival-like adventure).

LoG 2 patch required: v2.1.17 (LoG 2 version 2.2.4 compatible)

Game notes:
------------------------------------------------
- Survival adventure
- No healing crystals
- No potions brewing
- Semi-Old School Mode (not many levels, automap partially disabled)
- Tougher difficulty
- Gameplay about 4 hours

Latest mod version: v1.3

DOWNLOAD links:
http://www.nexusmods.com/legendofgrimrock2/mods/12
Steam workshop: Return to Lothgor city

Thanks for trying and all potential bug reports!
(I have difficulties e.g. with game crashing during save/load but hopefully I fixed all that mess already ;) )

For those who can't pass through the beginning of game I captured sample gameplay with new party (movie contains spoilers of course!!!):
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... bjxB00Sz_V

macBos
Last edited by macBos on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ciccipicci

Re: [Mod] Return to Lothgor city

Post by Ciccipicci »

Use Tesnexus too.
macBos

Post by macBos »

I forgot to mention that dungeon was tested with LoG2 game v2.1.17 so I recommend using at least that version.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

got stucked in the Arena fight - when fighting the frog, small tree get behind the spear door, but it remain closed. When I killed frog, wolf appeard, however still blocked by the tree behind doors :/
btw not sure if it is intended but I felt in the arena just on the beginning (no equipment) so I was fighting all the monsters just with dagger and pickaxe. Not fun rlly.
Also I dont know if there is more, but all these fights are little boring, it is still the same repetition. As for the first three fights I was like - yes this is really cool, but after few more it was still the same. Perhaps add some more fancy things in the fight - fire, pits, spikes, spells etc etc...
as for the scripting part I am impressed, good work
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
macBos

Post by macBos »

Drakkan wrote:got stucked in the Arena fight - when fighting the frog, small tree get behind the spear door, but it remain closed. When I killed frog, wolf appeard, however still blocked by the tree behind doors :/
btw not sure if it is intended but I felt in the arena just on the beginning (no equipment) so I was fighting all the monsters just with dagger and pickaxe. Not fun rlly.
Also I dont know if there is more, but all these fights are little boring, it is still the same repetition. As for the first three fights I was like - yes this is really cool, but after few more it was still the same. Perhaps add some more fancy things in the fight - fire, pits, spikes, spells etc etc...
as for the scripting part I am impressed, good work
Thanks Drakkan for comment.
Hmm, twigroot monster shouldn't stay behind the door :( I tested it repeatidly and hadn't such problem. If you saved your game earlier please try it once more. I hope nobody else experienced this but I'll definitely look at that situation once again.
SpoilerShow
And yes, this arena challenge is at the beginning on purporse. Just to fight for your own life, it suppose to be tough. Opponents are getting stonger but there is not so much rounds (I understand it can be pretty tedious and kind of boring). I promise there are no such tough passages later in the dungeon :)
macBos

Post by macBos »

Thanks Drakkan again for your feedback. Mentioned problem was only occurring in special circumstances but it's fixed already.

Released (hopefully final) version 1.1. Added download link to NexusMods.

Update covers:
- outdoor area corrections
- level naming
- scripts stabilization

Thanks for any feedback!
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

in the starting compound, the game crashes when you re-shut then re-open the gate (after killing one zombie)
Last edited by Spathi on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
macBos

Post by macBos »

Spathi wrote:in the starting compound, the game crashes when you re-shut then re-open the gate (after killing one zombie)
Thanks for report

Can anybody confirm this problem? If it occurs randomly or regularly.
Unfortunately I can't be able to fix this until tomorrow. So please be patient.

(I am kind of frustrated right now because I spent hours by testing this area but apparently still not enough... :x )
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

Um, sorry I was playing Forest of Bordok, slaps forehead

I had just opened the forum to download yours, but forgot it was not the one I was playing, rofl
macBos

Post by macBos »

Spathi wrote:Um, sorry I was playing Forest of Bordok, slaps forehead

I had just opened the forum to download yours, but forgot it was not the one I was playing, rofl
You see, you even made the author of this mod to be unsure :D (that zombie confused me because there is also one in my dungeon).
So that crash is also irrelevant?

Return to “Custom Dungeons”