Scripting Reference (work in progress)

Ask for help about creating mods and scripts for Grimrock 2 or share your tips, scripts, tools and assets with other modders here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
MrChoke

Re: Scripting Reference (work in progress)

Post by MrChoke »

Thanks JKos. I am doing stuff with the AI. These will be very useful.
minmay

Post by minmay »

Request for Almost Human:
I know you guys are very busy, but do you think you could release the files with standard asset definitions? Not the entire asset pack, just the lua files with the material, particle, object, etc. definitions. There is John Wordsworth's script, but it only gets objects, not materials/particle systems/skills/traits/etc. I figure this would be much faster than putting together the entire asset pack, and it would be a huge help to modders interested in using things such as materials with shaders.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

How long did the LoG1 modders have to wait? Yes, I'm getting impatient too, but whenever it's out will do, I suppose.
Leki

Post by Leki »

Be patient guys. AH will share it soon and then you can play with it for a years - so what is few more days of waiting?
I'm the Gate I'm the Key.
Dawn of Lore
NutJob

Post by NutJob »

Ok I waited a few days. Now what?
Doridion

Post by Doridion »

I've almost finished to sort and reorganise all definitions that JohnW extracted with his script. Ok, there's not the materials, tilesets and recipes definitions, no models or *.dds either ( for models, you have the 1.3.3 assets extractor for blender ), but you can acces to :

Armours, Ceilings, Cinematics, Containers, Doors, Floors, Items, Lights, Logics, Monsters, Obstacles, PSystems, Pillars, Props, Scriptings, Sounds, Spells, Stairs, TP, Visual effects, Walls and Weapons definitions ( without onXXX functions ). Not so bad ;)

I'm actually finishing to sort theses definitions for who wants study them or just inspire from. I'll publish them this weekend.
Drakkan

Post by Drakkan »

Doridion wrote:I've almost finished to sort and reorganise all definitions that JohnW extracted with his script. Ok, there's not the materials, tilesets and recipes definitions, no models or *.dds either ( for models, you have the 1.3.3 assets extractor for blender ), but you can acces to :

Armours, Ceilings, Cinematics, Containers, Doors, Floors, Items, Lights, Logics, Monsters, Obstacles, PSystems, Pillars, Props, Scriptings, Sounds, Spells, Stairs, TP, Visual effects, Walls and Weapons definitions ( without onXXX functions ). Not so bad ;)

I'm actually finishing to sort theses definitions for who wants study them or just inspire from. I'll publish them this weekend.
sounds really awesome. what about skills / traits / classes definitions ?
Breath from the unpromising waters.
Eye of the Atlantis
Doridion

Post by Doridion »

Drakkan wrote:sounds really awesome. what about skills / traits / classes definitions ?
By all the definitions, I made a list of most of them, but not having definitions (( Don't know where in which file they are defined ((
petri

Post by petri »

Updating the scripting reference has been moving at snail's pace recently... Sorry about that! I'm feeling that it would be better and more efficient if the community could take the ownership of the documentation, so that when errors are found, they could be easily fixed. Also there are glaring holes in the documentation that experienced modders could surely fill in. Naturally we would help by answering those tricky technical questions that you have.

What do you think?
Grimfan

Post by Grimfan »

A definite yes. I'm sure there are plenty of people here itching for the chance to dive into the material and add their own touches.