Any Help For Arachnophobes?

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
ChrisColon

Re: Any Help For Arachnophobes?

Post by ChrisColon »

skynes wrote:A bump to say:

Played the game now, they freak me the hell out. Going to make playing this further very very difficult.
Same here. I thought they weren't actually going to be a problem for me since I don't have trouble with spiders in other RPGs, but since they actually jump you and then cover the whole screen... No thanks.
Ravenlock

Post by Ravenlock »

Well, crap. I'm really enjoying the first two levels of this game, but this thread makes me think that once I get to Level 3 I'm just gonna have to wait for the mod tools. :?
Elich

Post by Elich »

I am usually brave around spiders but these inside Grimrock are sure creepy. :o
mehil

Post by mehil »

Same here :(

I had really a lot of fun playing the game the last hour. Now i reached the 3rd Dungeon an thats it, won't see anything past that..

I find it very sad that Gamedevs (esp. in Fantasygenre) never take care of Arachnophobia, though this is one of the most widespread Phobias.
Just a switch in the Options which turns Spiders into Skeletons or something else.

And for those who consider themselves very clever saying that this makes the game more spooky for us: No, it makes it unplayable.
GeneralGonzo

Post by GeneralGonzo »

Yeah, and there are alot of them in the 3rd level - annoying sonce their bites poison the chars and you can´t do much against it due to too less potions....
maethlin

Post by maethlin »

I do not share this phobia but I certainly learned something in this thread. Hope y'all get a fix in for this.
Emualynk

Post by Emualynk »

maethlin wrote:I do not share this phobia but I certainly learned something in this thread. Hope y'all get a fix in for this.
Well, I wouldn't call it a "fix". But if they do they'd be the most awesome devs ever.
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

Here's a fix for arachnophobia, because I'm seriously getting sick of these threads - Man the *&#$ up!

I mean, Jesus, how do you even live in the real world if seeing a spider on a computer screen disturbs you so much?
Emualynk

Post by Emualynk »

Curunir wrote:Here's a fix for arachnophobia, because I'm seriously getting sick of these threads - Man the *&#$ up!

I mean, Jesus, how do you even live in the real world if seeing a spider on a computer screen disturbs you so much?
And this is why the world is such a shitty place.

Have you even read the posts of this thread?
Curunir

Post by Curunir »

I am deeply sorry that your world is a shitty place.

If you try to:
a) man the $@#% up and overcome your fears through therapy or otherwise
or
b) not buy games which have spiders in all their trailers

MAYBE THEN, you will be in less pain.