My very accurate feedback on this game

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
VisualDeadlock

My very accurate feedback on this game

Post by VisualDeadlock »

Almost bloody perfect. Well done!

Add this:
1. Quicksave/Quickload
2. Magic casting, the spell selected stays open

Then this game will be bloody perfect
Kurgen

Re: My very accurate feedback on this game

Post by Kurgen »

VisualDeadlock wrote:Almost bloody perfect. Well done!

Add this:
1. Quicksave/Quickload
2. Magic casting, the spell selected stays open

Then this game will be bloody perfect
Agreed, on both counts. :)

Having to manually re-select spell runes every time you want to cast is a MAJOR pain, especially when trying to deal with a bunch of turbo-spiders when you have two spellcasters in the party.
gonnarule

Post by gonnarule »

I think it's part of the fun, being forced to run around, manage mobs, level design (don't get in a death trap/ending way) and do your stuff (click weapons, do magic, prepare a potion, etc.).

This IS real time, and playing with 1 mage only (a lot do that) it would be boring to be forced to unclick last spell to do a new different one.

edit : might be an option in the game : "keep last spell runes = on/off"
Bokonon

Post by Bokonon »

keep actual spell cast system please.
Kurgen

Post by Kurgen »

gonnarule wrote:might be an option in the game : "keep last spell runes = on/off"
That would be great.

Bokonon, we would only like it to be an option, not forcing it on anyone.
ScarletRose

Post by ScarletRose »

Actually I think the process of selecting the runes is time consuming by design.
Meaning you can't select your magic in melee without getting hit, you can either run away, select and then go on melee again to trigger (or cast from a distance depending on the spell) or select the runes while in melee leaving yourself open.

I think asking to remove the rune selection is like asking for spammable swords with no cooldown.
Stalkingwolf

Post by Stalkingwolf »

sure you can move with WASD and select your cast with the mouse.
Done this back 1987 in Dungeon Master and now in Grimrock.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

ScarletRose wrote:Actually I think the process of selecting the runes is time consuming by design.
Meaning you can't select your magic in melee without getting hit, you can either run away, select and then go on melee again to trigger (or cast from a distance depending on the spell) or select the runes while in melee leaving yourself open.

I think asking to remove the rune selection is like asking for spammable swords with no cooldown.
Mana is what keeps it from becoming spammable swords with no cooldown. Mana runs out very fast.

I, too, run with 2 mages in their party... and recasting 2 spells every rotation is a lot of work. Either a recast last spell, or a keybound rune pad (numkeys for instance) needs to be added. If you only run with one mage, this doesn't matter at all, you don't have much of any clicking to do in the first place :P.

And quicksave is a no brainer, that should've been at launch tbh.
Kurgen

Post by Kurgen »

ScarletRose wrote:I think asking to remove the rune selection is like asking for spammable swords with no cooldown.
I wish people would actually read what is being asked... we're not asking or expecting the devs to remove anything, just to consider giving us the option of rune selection "memory" in respect to the last-cast spell.
ScarletRose

Post by ScarletRose »

I read correctly.
I'm not saying the proposition is insane mind you
but magic is pretty powerful as far as I have seen, expecially against multiple enemies in formation where you hit all of them at the same time.
I think the extra time needed for casting, expecially those with multiple runes, adds to the game balance.
if they implement the option I'll use it too because I'm a lazy bastard but in the end I think will make mages life too easy and take away some of the challenge