Slight UI lag BUG (mouse input issue due to weapon charge)

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
badhabit

Re: Slight UI lag BUG (mouse input issue due to weapon charg

Post by badhabit »

eLPuSHeR wrote:Lo and behold!

I reduced pre-rendered frames to 2, and disabled triple buffering (good thing because it doesn't seem to affect fps). It seems to have helped a lot. I can now click fast without losing mouseclicks.

I am getting steady 75fps (my monitor refresh rate) almost 100% of the time and everywhere (forest, underwater, etc).
Sounds good! :)

Now I would be really interested if that was also the issue on your old Phenom 1 system.... do you have it still standing around and running?
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

My olde Phenom had a lot of FPS spikes. FPS were not consistent, but I did the same settings and they also seemed to alleviate input lag. I forgot to properly set up thing on my new setup though. :lol:
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)
CremionisD

Post by CremionisD »

Right. It seems that for me, the problem is not clicking the button down+up fast enough. At least the issue doesn't change for me regardless of any settings that I've tried.

It's very hard to say if this is a software problem, or a user problem (in my case) -- Which kind-of hints about a possible user interface design problem... :o
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

eLPuSHeR wrote:My olde Phenom had a lot of FPS spikes. FPS were not consistent, but I did the same settings and they also seemed to alleviate input lag. I forgot to properly set up thing on my new setup though. :lol:
That's easy to explain: your new Intel CPU's cores have about three(+) times the computing power of your old Phenom's cores. That helps a lot working on all those DX9 draw calls.
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

CremionisD wrote:Right. It seems that for me, the problem is not clicking the button down+up fast enough. At least the issue doesn't change for me regardless of any settings that I've tried.

It's very hard to say if this is a software problem, or a user problem (in my case) -- Which kind-of hints about a possible user interface design problem... :o
Yes I have noticed the lag today again. I think it could be a nVidia driver issue. Latest nVidia drivers are not so good.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I have been giving input lag some thought lately. Maybe it isn't lag at all but that you need to click exactly on the center of the weapon icon/box as if the area for detecting mouseclicks was too small. What do you think?
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
Komag

Post by Komag »

where the pointer is when you let go of the mouse button matters, and if you're trying to move around very fast, you can click-on while on the weapon, but click-off after moving off the weapon
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

Indeed. I have found out that it's very difficult to perform more than one attack at a time under LoG2. Rather annoying to say the least.

I remember when playing LoG1. I could land three consecutive attacks almost everytime. Now the combat is more slow paced because for some reason your response time seems to be just awful, no matter how hard you try.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
Komag

Post by Komag »

I wonder if it might be possible for a program such a autohotkey to send an instant press-release mouse button signal on mouse button down, leaving mouse up inert, and have that behavior depend on some keyboard key being held the whole time. Or vice versa, when the keyboard key is held, the mouse presses act normally, but does the instant press-release otherwise. That way you could get snappier attacks but still have a way to do charged attacks.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I have been doing intensive testing about input lag but I cannot draw a satisfactory conclusion. Input lag on LoG2 seems to be totally random (it lags in some areas but it doesn't on others, no matter the area size) but it's heavily influenced by "default amount of prerenderred frames" under nVidia's CP (for nVidia cards. I don't know how AMD cards fare on this game). I have been gaming since the 80's. I have never seem a input control so problematic.
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)