Stuck - Northeast Crystal Mines

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
khaustic

Stuck - Northeast Crystal Mines

Post by khaustic »

So I managed to clear the entirety of the Crystal Mines, except for one small area: the absolute Northeasternmost point of the Crystal Mine Entrance.
SpoilerShow
I made it across the pit trap (the one where you have to stand in the middle and let the fireball hit you to teleport across), but all I can see is a long hallway with a statue at the far end. There are ladders to either side going down, but I can't access them because there are walls in the way, and I've hunted high and low for hidden buttons but I'm coming up with nothing. Anyone figure this one out?

Oh, and what's up with the "The most powerful potions contain the power of the crystals" scroll?
3mortis

Re: Stuck - Northeast Crystal Mines

Post by 3mortis »

SpoilerShow
there is button on the begining of crystal mines, first wooden plank few tiles below entrance to mines, thats nice secret - crystal, another way into mines etc

"The most powerful potions contain the power of the crystals"
SpoilerShow
witch 5 alchemy you can make potions with crystals = grant 1 point to atribute
khaustic

Post by khaustic »

Ooh, I never would've found that. Thank you!
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

khaustic wrote:So I managed to clear the entirety of the Crystal Mines, except for one small area: the absolute Northeasternmost point of the Crystal Mine Entrance.
SpoilerShow
I made it across the pit trap (the one where you have to stand in the middle and let the fireball hit you to teleport across), but all I can see is a long hallway with a statue at the far end. There are ladders to either side going down, but I can't access them because there are walls in the way, and I've hunted high and low for hidden buttons but I'm coming up with nothing. Anyone figure this one out?

Oh, and what's up with the "The most powerful potions contain the power of the crystals" scroll?
Same here. What, it's just a dead end? That's it?

I did the brave thing, went to the end where there is nothing, turned around and now I can't get back without falling through a pit. Surely there is something I am missing.
Last edited by Groucho on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
minmay

Post by minmay »

It's a dead end with a pressure plate to fire a blob to hit a receptor that opens a door and allows you to finish the mines.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

minmay wrote:It's a dead end with a pressure plate to fire a blob to hit a receptor that opens a door and allows you to finish the mines.
So how do I get back?
minmay

Post by minmay »

...By pressing the button to close the pits and walking back over? Or by just going down the pits?
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Ah, I get it now. I needed to get the thing to shoot a fireball back down the hallway again to get the platforms back up.

I kept looking for a switch on the wrong side of the pits. No wonder I couldn't find it. :D