Run using WINE?

Have trouble running Grimrock 1 or you're wondering if your graphics card is supported? Look for help here.
Oktavian

Re: Run using WINE?

Post by Oktavian »

Howdy!

I posted earlier about running on wine on a MBP. Here is what I have installed through winetricks:

comctl32
d3dcompiler_43
d3dx10
d3dx11_42
d3dx11_43
d3dx9
d3dx9_26
d3dx9_28
d3dx9_31
d3dx9_35
d3dx9_36
d3dx9_39
d3dx9_42
d3dx9_43
directx9
dotnet20
ie6
msls31
pngfilt
python26
steam
vcrun2005
vcrun2008
vcrun2010
xact
xact_jun2010
xinput

Wine also needs a great deal of support from packages external to wine technically, but used to implement some of it's function. I use Macports for that.

First stop for me is usually playing with the settings in winecfg, especially the graphical ones. If you can get it running in a window that's half the battle.

If all else fails, specifying some settings in the registry also helps!
Mar-x

Post by Mar-x »

I posted this in an earlier thread.. It was a LONG night...

So I now have LoG running flawlessly on my "late '10" 11" MacAIR. Im using Wineskin 1.5.1 and its impossible to notice the difference between this and my wife's i7 mega beast PC. Im running textures on high.. even though the install detected MID and not noticed any slowdown other than the first few seconds of play as the textures loaded. I have no issues graphically 2 hours in.

Here's what I did.

First download the free wineskin app from http://wineskin.doh123.com/tiki-index.p ... =Downloads

once installed click update to get the 'Wineskin-2.5.4' wrapper and click the '+' and download 'WS8Wine1.5.1'

next create a new blank wrapper and call it Legend of Grimrock

it will want to install the gecko package .. i let it.

once done click 'view in folder'

double click Legend of Grimrock. then click 'install windows software' ... first is to install the install.exe in the main downloaded folder. once done then click install windows software again to install the vcredist_x86.exe in the vcredist folder and then again to install the DXSETUP.exe in the DirectX folder.

Lastly click advanced and choose 'override' wine control pf screen then make sure you have 'fullscreen' selected and unselect 'decorate windows'

then its done.. I copied the icon over via 'get info' dragged it to my dash and been playing tight up till I remembered I would post what happened..

enough with the typing.. time to play some LoG.

I dont espouse to being any kind of wine expert (well I live in Margaret River Western Australia where the best wine in the world is made) but Im happy to help where I can if anyone gets stuck.

happy gaming
julusp

Post by julusp »

Mar-x wrote:I posted this in an earlier thread.. It was a LONG night...
once installed click update to get the 'Wineskin-2.5.4' wrapper and click the '+' and download 'WS8Wine1.5.1'

Actually all Wines after 1.3.36 are bugged on Ati cards on OSX (dunno about linux) there will be only black screen with blue square torchlight. Recommended is 1.3.36 version and before.

You can also use premade wrapper (contains all needed dependencies and working wine, but you still have to install the game) http://portingteam.com/files/file/7283- ... -grimrock/. (this is for OSX only)
clocknova

Post by clocknova »

I got it running just fine without any extra configuration. Just check the box to install DirectX when you install the game, and then install the VCRedist.exe that comes with the game. I've got it running with max settings on my 2008 Macbook Pro.
funkenstein

Post by funkenstein »

Hi, Just got it working on a macbook air 2010 model (2.13Ghz Intel core 2 duo, 4gb ram) running lion using wineskin

- Wineskin 2.5 wrapper
- WS8Wine1.5.1 engine
- winetricks: d3dxd9, d3dxd9_43, d3dcompiler_43, xact

Didn't install DirectX through the installer, figured winetricks would be safer.
broiler1985

Post by broiler1985 »

Runs lile a charme with Ubuntu 12.04 Beta.

I'm using PlayOnLinux and the Steam-Version of Grimrock.
Just installed Steam and ran it, selected Legend Of Grimrock, let it install and started the game. No problems.
You might want to give PlayOnLinux a try.
http://www.playonlinux.com/en/

Oh, and this is my first post here, so "Hello @ All"!
Turbinehead

Post by Turbinehead »

Hello folks,

LoG runs quite fine and out of the box on my Macbook Air (2011) with "WineSkin" and the latest downloadable Engine/Wrapper.
Resolution 1440*900 fullscreen with all details maxed except "texture quality". Sound also works flawless.

Regards
Turbinehead

EDIT: Ok, sorry for double posting. Just noticed several guys posted sames stuff minutes before me.
EnzoFr

Post by EnzoFr »

Hi All,

It's great to play LOG on Ubuntu 10.04 :) :
- Install LOG with Directx
- use winetricks to install mscv100... : winetricks vcrun2010
- run winecfg and activate virtual desktop in Display tab (if you have a D3D error).

And now it works flawlessly (Nvidia GT450, Core i5).

Have fun !
kyubajin

Post by kyubajin »

julusp wrote:
Mar-x wrote:I posted this in an earlier thread.. It was a LONG night...

Actually all Wines after 1.3.36 are bugged on Ati cards on OSX (dunno about linux) there will be only black screen with blue square torchlight. Recommended is 1.3.36 version and before.

You can also use premade wrapper (contains all needed dependencies and working wine, but you still have to install the game) http://portingteam.com/files/file/7283- ... -grimrock/. (this is for OSX only)
Thanks a lot for this!!! It works flawlessly on a late 2009 27-inch iMac with everything maxed but textures @ 1920x1080
no gods or kings only man
afettouhi

Post by afettouhi »

Has anybody gotten it to work under Arch Linux? I've installed the gog.com version several times and installed d3dx9, xact_jun2010 + d3dx9_43.dll and I keep getting this error...

Code: Select all

af@andre ~]$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/af/.local/share/wineprefixes/log" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/af/.local/share/wineprefixes/log/dosdevices/c:/users/Public/Desktop/Legend\ of\ Grimrock.lnk
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00004100
[af@andre ~]$ fixme:heap:HeapSetInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33eb18,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
fixme:d3dcompiler:D3DCompile data 0x4e5c90, data_size 169, filename "memory", defines (nil), include 0x33ebd0, entrypoint "main",
target "vs_3_0", sflags 0x8, eflags 0, shader 0x33ede8, error_messages 0x33edec stub!
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33eb18,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3dcompiler:D3DCompile data 0x4e5c90, data_size 169, filename "memory", defines (nil), include 0x33ebd0, entrypoint "main",
target "vs_3_0", sflags 0x8, eflags 0, shader 0x33ede8, error_messages 0x33edec stub!