Help Translation "Orul's Crypt"

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Tristanna

Help Translation "Orul's Crypt"

Post by Tristanna »

Hello,

I'm French and I don't really understand the puzzle in the "Orul's Crypt": "I'm deffer, Who I am ?"

I tried several combinations and the door opened but I don't really know why ! :?

If someone can explain to me "slowly": 1. Who is he ? 2. What I have to do exactly to open the door ?

Thanks by advance.
Zo Kath Ra

Re: Help Translation "Orul's Crypt"

Post by Zo Kath Ra »

Tristanna wrote: I'm French and I don't really understand the puzzle in the "Orul's Crypt": "I'm deffer, Who I am ?"
I differ = Je suis différent

> 1. Who is he ?
SpoilerShow
"I differ, who am I?" refers to the 4 big alcoves.
They are protected by force fields, they have items/monsters/nothing inside them, and there's a pull-chain in front of each one.

"Je suis différent, qui suis-je?" se réfère aux 4 grandes niches dans la salle.
Elles sont protégées par des champs de force, il y a des objets/monstres/rien dedans, et il y a une chaîne devant chaque niche.
> 2. What I have to do exactly to open the door ?
SpoilerShow
1) Find the alcove that contains something which is somehow "different" from the things in the other alcoves.
2) Then pull the alcove's chain.
If you pull the wrong chain, the entire party suffers fire damage, and otherwise nothing happens.
If you pull the correct chain, the party does not suffer any damage, and the game replaces the things in the alcoves with other things.
3) Go back to step 1, and repeat this process until the door opens.

1) Trouve la niche qui contient quelque chose "différent" des choses dans les autres niches.
2) Ensuite, tire la chaîne devant la niche.
Si tu a tiré la chaîne incorrecte, la groupe subit des dégâts de feu, et rien d'autre se passe.
Si tu a tiré la chaîne correcte, la groupe ne subit pas des dégâts de feu, et le jeux remplace les choses dans les niches avec des autres choses.
3) Retourne au pas numéro 1, et répète le processus entier jusqu'à la porte s'ouvre.
Tristanna

Re: Help Translation "Orul's Crypt"

Post by Tristanna »

Zo Kath Ra wrote:
Tristanna wrote: I'm French and I don't really understand the puzzle in the "Orul's Crypt": "I'm deffer, Who I am ?"
I differ = Je suis différent

> 1. Who is he ?
SpoilerShow
"I differ, who am I?" refers to the 4 big alcoves.
They are protected by force fields, they have items/monsters/nothing inside them, and there's a pull-chain in front of each one.

"Je suis différent, qui suis-je?" se réfère aux 4 grandes niches dans la salle.
Elles sont protégées par des champs de force, il y a des objets/monstres/rien dedans, et il y a une chaîne devant chaque niche.
> 2. What I have to do exactly to open the door ?
SpoilerShow
1) Find the alcove that contains something which is somehow "different" from the things in the other alcoves.
2) Then pull the alcove's chain.
If you pull the wrong chain, the entire party suffers fire damage, and otherwise nothing happens.
If you pull the correct chain, the party does not suffer any damage, and the game replaces the things in the alcoves with other things.
3) Go back to step 1, and repeat this process until the door opens.

1) Trouve la niche qui contient quelque chose "différent" des choses dans les autres niches.
2) Ensuite, tire la chaîne devant la niche.
Si tu a tiré la chaîne incorrecte, la groupe subit des dégâts de feu, et rien d'autre se passe.
Si tu a tiré la chaîne correcte, la groupe ne subit pas des dégâts de feu, et le jeux remplace les choses dans les niches avec des autres choses.
3) Retourne au pas numéro 1, et répète le processus entier jusqu'à la porte s'ouvre.
Thank you very much Zo Kath Ra for your excellent answer ! (with French text ;) )