So what party are you running? Post about your party

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
MasterworkStone

So what party are you running? Post about your party

Post by MasterworkStone »

I'm running a triple dual wielding rouge and mage party, enemies go down satisfyingly quick.
Clicking the spacing around the hand icons when I mean to click the weapons can get a bit frustrating, it offsets the rest of my right clicks
Jirodyne

Re: So what party are you running? Post about your party

Post by Jirodyne »

Corrently? I am running this Custom Party doing custom mod dungeons:

This is my party I played with first, rushed the game and just got 20 power gems and complete the first ending:

And this is the one I completed everything, saw both endings, killed both bosses, and got all secrets, treasures and the explored the map 100%:
DannyAIC

Post by DannyAIC »

Currently, I'm running a Mino Barbarian, Insectoid Barbarian, Lizard Rogue, and Human wizard

Mino Barb - Pretty obvious, running headhunter and aggressiove and giving him all the skulls

Insect Barb - Running Quick and Chitin armor on him. He will also be getting dodge 3 for even faster cooldown times, giving him more potential hits that the minotaur, since he's also slightly weaker. The chitin armor is so he can also tank a bit better than the minotaur.

Lizard rogue - Master of throwing and alchemy. With alchemy 5 he'll have plenty of bombs to throw, and decent strenght with aggressive and Muscle to do good damage.

Human Wizard - running skilled and strong mind. He'll get those experience necklaces so he can get his elements and concentration up as high as possible, ignoring the earth element.
thufir

Post by thufir »

The party I just finished the hard/ironman/singleusecrystal game with was:
Human Knight
Minotaur Barbarian
Human Alchemist
Human Battlemage

By the end game, knight wielded meteor hammer and crystal shield, barbarian had Bane and meteor shield, alchemist had either repeater and pellets or hand cannon and cannonballs depending on the fight, and battlemage had silver scepter of isochronos and a pearl shield.

Was pretty strong (a lot better than my first party), the frontline characters were reliable sources of damage and great tanks, and the alchemist had enough concentration to cast forcefields in a pinch (her II hand was frequently shaman staff and pearl shield). I don't object to the guns as much as everyone else does. They have a lot of drawbacks but I do like how you don't have to wait for a missile to fly across the screen for the guns to hit something (especially during times when the enemy has a lot of dodge room, like the rooftop battle) and I found sufficient ammo to keep me going all the way to the last battle. Guns also require smaller investments in skills and stats than other weapons. Ended with 44 pellets actually, although no more cannonballs.
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

My last playthrough which was very successful (Ironman, Hard and Old School) ... no single crystal yet

The party was:
Minotaur Head Hunter Barbarian with a throwing emphasis
Lizardman Fast Metabolism/Endure Alchemist with a Heavy Weapon Specialization
2 Human Alchemists (1 was a Magick specialization while the other maxxed alchemy and also throwing)

The reason for my choice of alchemists which almost was increased to a full party of them is because of the duplication process they have.
By end game with 3 alchemists I had crafted 70 or so bombs and 45 stat potions. Double throw potions on bosses is amazingly powerful.
Alchemist is just amazingly powerful. I am not sure I can ever go back unless they add more great stuff to other classes.
I wish they would do something other than each stat equals resistance. I would rather see resistance tied to skills and class choice in some fashion.
Nikolos

Post by Nikolos »

I'm currently running with 2xLizardman Barbarians in the front, both are identical; one has Meteor Hammer and Meteor Set, the other has Bane and Crystal Set. They both have Endure Elements, and identical builds (5/5 Heavy Weap, 4/5 Armor, 2/5 Accuracy, rest in Crit).
Back two are a Minotaur Headhunting Rogue (2/5 Accuracy, 5/5 Light Weapons, 5/5 Crit, rest will go into Acc), and my Human Alchemist (5/5 Alch, 5/5 Fire, 3/5 Air, 3/5 Conc). He's Fast Learner, Skilled, and has the +25% xp necklace, and I gave him every skill tome.

I've been rolling through everything. I face-tank everything, almost never do the 'corner dodge' tactic. Honestly, I feel Alchemy is a bit broken. I use Frost Bombs for all 'dangerous' critters like Crabs, Trolls, Rat Lord, and it made those fights a joke.
Azel

Post by Azel »

sapientCrow wrote:My last playthrough which was very successful (Ironman, Hard and Old School) ... no single crystal yet

The party was:
Minotaur Head Hunter Barbarian with a throwing emphasis
Lizardman Fast Metabolism/Endure Alchemist with a Heavy Weapon Specialization
2 Human Alchemists (1 was a Magick specialization while the other maxxed alchemy and also throwing)

The reason for my choice of alchemists which almost was increased to a full party of them is because of the duplication process they have.
By end game with 3 alchemists I had crafted 70 or so bombs and 45 stat potions. Double throw potions on bosses is amazingly powerful.
Alchemist is just amazingly powerful. I am not sure I can ever go back unless they add more great stuff to other classes.
I wish they would do something other than each stat equals resistance. I would rather see resistance tied to skills and class choice in some fashion.
So why did you take the Human over the Rat? In my Walking Dead thread I originally went Human but you totally convinced me to go Rat lol.
MostlyHarmless

Post by MostlyHarmless »

I first played the game without reading anything about it just so I could enjoy discovering everything new for myself. I played on normal and found the fights not too difficult until the castle rooftop fight. That said, I did have to run away many times and rest behind closed doors, so it's not like I was blasting through the game.
The party I used consisted of the following:

1. Human Knight.
--fast learned and skilled.
--Heavy weapons, max armor, used Scythe - but I only found it very late in the game.
--I put some points in concentration, but wish I had maxed critical instead. She was most durable of my team, and good with the scythe, although my minotaur barbarian did more damage.

2. Minotaur Barbarian.
--head hunter and aggressive.
--Heavy weaopns, combination of heavy armor + strength boosting (light) armor and equipment, used meteor hammer at the end.
--He was my best damage dealer by end game.

3. Insectoid Wizard
--quick and strong mind.
--fire magic mostly, 2 in armor to wear light armor, 1 in alchemy to brew basic healing and energy potions (all I used), the rest in concentration, air and water.
--fire magic was strong early, and fire and ice shield helped in many fights, but the warriors were doing more damage by the end. battle mage would probably be better.

4. Lizardman Rogue
--aggressive and agile. (probably not the best choices).
--maxed missile weapons and got crookhorn longbow early on, which is best missle weapon that i found all game.
--missile weapons are fine imo, but not spectacular and obviously this rogue couldn't compare to minotaur rogues of LoG1. wore a combination of rogue armor and other light armor.
--i wasted one point in firearms and also best lizardman traits are probably resistance to elements and immunity to poison (at least if you go all lizard), but he held his own on the team.

My second (current) party:

1. Insectoid Fighter
--quick and natural armor.
--i'll max heavy weapons to use the Scythe (which I now want mid-game), 4 in armor, rest in critical and a few in accuracy.
--i think Scythe is probably the best weapon in the game for a warrior with high critical, so i rolled a fighter to use its special frequently.

2. Minotaur Barb
--head hunter and aggressive.
--maxing light weapons to dual wield. i know some guys crap on dual wield, but I want to try it for myself. so far so good. i think the damage per second might be higher than with a heavy weapon of equivalent level, and maybe more efficient for crowd control. i.e. faster cool downs + if the first strike finishes off an enemy, the second can be used on a new enemy, whereas with a 2h weapon there'd be no second strike until cooldown is over. we'll see.

3. Human Alchemist
--fast learner and skilled.
--i'll max alchemy and firearms. i know people say firearms suck, but i want to see for myself. i'll stick with light armor because my alchemist is proabably not strong enough to wear heavy armor + hand cannon + cannon balls. i'm also conserving ammo, and using bow until i run out of arrows or in difficult fights i switch to ammo. not sure how to build the alchemist properly though or about all the special potions, but i keep reading about how alchemists are the shiz so we'll see. if i have enough points i'll try to put enough on water magic to get ice shield.

4. Lizardman Battle Mage
--resistance to elements and immunity to poison
--i'll concentrate on fire magic. basically i wanted a wizard that can wear heavy armor (regular wizard is too weak). also i had plenty of energy potions/ingredients left last time, so i think can just drink more energy potions to make up for the lesser mana pool. early game i would also tank in front if one of my warriors was low on health.

anyway, i'm around level 6-7 with the new team and so far so good.
trancelistic

Post by trancelistic »

Mines are all human. A herb, a mage in the back. A knight and fighter in the front. Both skilled at max heavy weapons, accurecy and critt. When I enterd the boss below the graveyard I 1 hitted him lol.
With my herb maker Ive made only strenght potions and gave my figher all + strenght items. I hit on boss was 877 dmg lol. He also has enough energy to do 2x a charged hit in 1 fight. Took 1 blow:P Was kinda disapointing:P
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I'm still playing the main game; just finished the cemetery ~then died with no save but from the beginning steps... so I'm just starting the cemetery. :mrgreen:

Two barbarians, a mage and an alchemist.