Is this game based on old symbian game Legacy ?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
CHALLENGER

Is this game based on old symbian game Legacy ?

Post by CHALLENGER »

URL for the very old symbian mobile platform game :- http://www.redshift.hu/legacys60.htm#whatis

No No.. I am not here for any advertising as above Legacy game is very very old & for mobile & as well its for symbian operating system by Nokia which is already closed & Nokia is no more.

I just thought if this game is not based on Legacy then why not give a example of really cool game which i played on my Nokia N95. Its very addictive game with lots of traps, secrets, weapons, armor, characters, mini card game & lots of cool things are there so if there is any possibility of Grimrock 3 then you should considered this above game for reference.

About Legacy - Its a same 4 player party game but its a turn base attack system means once our 4 player finish the attack then enemies are attacking & this game is having lots of cool magic spells like paralyze, curse, shield & for magic its having three classes Mage, Cleric & Wizard.

I really don't like the magic spells & attacking system of grimrock as every time we have to select different spells & its really hard to remember if there is 4 mage or wizard with four different magic so i really suggest you to check magic system of above game which is really really nice.

Finally i just want to play my old favorite game on pc with good characters, items, spells, animation, effects, & lots of cool things to do. graphics should be simple but the feel is really important.
Last edited by CHALLENGER on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
CHALLENGER

Re: Is this game based on old symbian game Legacy ?

Post by CHALLENGER »

I just open this thread for suggestions so i am going to post few from my own ideas & few from my old beloved game Legacy.

1] I love the over all look n feel of Grimrock but i like to see turn base attack system as its more challenging. This game is not providing so many shortcuts & game is pretty challenging even on normal difficulty so turn based attack gives us opportunity to use proper weapon or attack as well proper magic spells.

2] Make the game more advance with towns, side quests, shops for weapons, armor, spells, potions & other things, add gold to buy this things, add mini games to earn gold, dead enemies going to drop gold with other stuff.

3] I love to see more ncp in game for side quests, for clues, for challenge or for something.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Grimrock is based on old-school dungeon crawlers such as Dungeon Master and Eye of the Beholder.
CHALLENGER

Post by CHALLENGER »

ohk thanks for the information.

Legacy is also the same kind of game but having many options. I will post few screenshots of legacy soon.
CHALLENGER

Post by CHALLENGER »

I really like this Legacy game because its having very simple graphics but still having so many options & great variety of items.

1 of the town screenshot with some ncp

-------------------------------------------------

Inn is a place where you can talk with bartender for info about town, hints, side quests & more as well you can rest in Inn, play mini card game to earn or loose gold, to remove or to add new members in party (Inn is providing higher level players with random class to hire for gold ).
Here is all screenshots...

Outside inn door

Inside inn

1st face icon in above screenshot is for bartender talk, 2nd flag is to add, remove or to change party member for gold, 3rd is mini card game, 4th is rest & last 5th is to leave inn.

------------------------------------------------

Outside weapon shop

Inside weapon shop

------------------------------------------------

I will add more screen shots with details soon...
remma

Post by remma »

Looks a lot more like it was based on the Bards Tale series tbh

Have a look at the Devil Whiskey too http://www.devilwhiskey.com/
sapientCrow

Post by sapientCrow »

I wish Devil Whiskey did not crash so much and also did not spawn endless enemies like every step.
I never was able to slow down the log to read what was even happening.

As far as Legacy I would like to know if there is a PDA emulator.

I do not think Grimrock is based off anything specific besides the old school dungeon crawlers many of us have very fond memories of.
CHALLENGER

Post by CHALLENGER »

Yes i again played legacy recently on pc with emulator. I have installed files so if you want that folder request so i will share here.
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

sapientCrow wrote:
I do not think Grimrock is based off anything specific besides the old school dungeon crawlers many of us have very fond memories of.
In 2001 Grimrock started as Dungeon Master clone, called "Dungeon Master 2000". Later (2004) renamed "Escape from Dragon Mountain" (webarchive) to extend the vision beyond a direct DM clone while still a hobby project. In 2011 it was renamed again to develop it as "strongly DM inspired" game commercially under the final name Grimrock.
Last edited by badhabit on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Nice find!