Beast Garden and Menagerie - Level 4

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Bangtidy

Beast Garden and Menagerie - Level 4

Post by Bangtidy »

Morning all, hope you're enjoying Grimrock as much as i am.

Anway, determined as i was to not ask for help on puzzles i feel i must on this one. The issue is that skeleton guards keep respawning and well, i'm gaining lots of xp killing them. My concern is that i will outlevel the content if i'm stuck on the puzzle too long, ive killed about 30 so far and well, am not prepared to keep doing so as it may make future combat trivial if im too high level.

Anyway, I'm stuck. There are single tile rooms with pressure plates in them. one of them has a little button too, and when you press it you can hear something opening. But i cant find where.

Am a bit stuck.

Please help!

Bangtidy :)
meepmeep

Re: Beast Garden and Menagerie - Level 4

Post by meepmeep »

The reason the skeletons keep respawning is because to solve the puzzle you have to trap one of the skeletons in each cage. :D Once all three of the pressure plates in the cells are pressed down by skeletons, the door will open.
Bangtidy

Post by Bangtidy »

ah ok... what is the little button doing then? i assume thats something ill find later
meepmeep

Post by meepmeep »

The "secret" button in one of the cells? It opens a wall with some goodies on the other side of the room I think, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

If you mean the obvious buttons, they're just to let you out of the cell if you get trapped inside I believe.
hda

Post by hda »

The problem here, about leveling in that way is that you're running out of food. I got the solution for this riddle but I spent some time leveling here. Now I REALLY NEED supplies.
SpoilerShow
I read in the forum that food waits on lvl6, so its about time!
*She looks the corpse. A trail of blood leads away from it into the darkness. The body itself is a grotesquely misshapen husk now, the eyes sunk into the skull, the lips drawn back to expose the gums. A ghostly sight.

-Hellraiser (1987)- by Clive Barker.
stonehedge

Post by stonehedge »

i am at this stage as well.... i opened the door after i get three skeletons imprisoned. i followed the floor and defeated the enemies, but there is a teleport and some traps. a scroll was there, which said "but still dreaming".... sleeping does not help anything. how to proceed there?
jansaresinas

Post by jansaresinas »

SpoilerShow
in the room where 4 ways meet go into the teleport in the middle, which will teleport you to the main hall, you can also jump into the pits if you want.

you will return here 4 times to get different scrolls for the next part of the puzzle...
stonehedge

Post by stonehedge »

thanks!!! :)