Island master fight is a huge disappointment (spoilers)

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
minmay

Re: Island master fight is a huge disappointment (spoilers)

Post by minmay »

Dang, this is one dedicated troll. I would have gotten bored days ago.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
rumpelstilskin

Post by rumpelstilskin »

Jirodyne wrote:While I have no played many of the 'old school' games. I do know 2 things. 1, they had better mechanics and puzzles. And 2, the secrets were actually hidden. For example I remember in one of them, right in the very beginning of the game there was a really powerful weapon hidden in a secret. But there was no button, or indication. You just had to click part of the wall, but the wall was textured the same as every other wall. The 'botton' was invisable. There was no sound, no 'pressed in' no change.
In all honesty, this sounds like terrible game design. There's no mechanical complexity or beauty in this puzzle; 99% of people simply won't know it existed, and those who found it by pure accident will probably have combat balance ruined for them for a good part of the game.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

:lol: @ this threat
Jirodyne wrote:Basically, I wish the game was more complicated. More complicated puzzles, more complicated systems, more complicated everything! LoG 2 was a step back in my opinion. Made everything too simple and easy...
Why should LoG2 go the same road each and every bloated RPG-sequal or MMO goes?

For a dungeon crawler it has just the right size. Also with the editor there will be more content made then you can ever play. LoG 1 has dozens and dozens of mods today and those made by the community here and people close to it advanced the game a huge deal. Without a doubt the same will happen for LoG 2.
Galnospoke

Post by Galnospoke »

thufir wrote: In conclusion: yes, you're not old-school enough to harken back to the old days from which this game was drawn.
Whatever you say, man... Yeee, right - playing DC since early 90' is not old-school. Welcome in the own thufir Matrix.

/I have no time to this empty chit-chat, so logout.
thufir

Post by thufir »

Galnospoke wrote:
thufir wrote: In conclusion: yes, you're not old-school enough to harken back to the old days from which this game was drawn.
Yeee, right - playing DC since early 90' is not old-school. Welcome in the own thufir Matrix. Whatever you say, man...

/I have no time to this empty chit-chat, so logout.
Just the facts, man. No offense, but if you think puzzles weren't part and parcel of cRPGs since the early days you weren't there for the beginning. (Mentioning the 90s just clinched that.)
2_hype

Post by 2_hype »

The boss wasn't that challenging if you speced your party right.
BouH

Post by BouH »

minmay wrote:If I recall correctly, you can also kill him without either of those things as long as you can approach him in melee from the side once; when he turns towards you, dodge his attack, then hit him from the newly opened side, repeating until he dies.
But yeah, it's easiest to just make rage potions with all your remaining falconskyre and kill him in two hits with the resulting +1000 strength bonus.
Big thanks to you good sir, minotaur in rage smashes that grandpa to powder :lol:
tantalan

Post by tantalan »

The final fight with the island master seemed ok to me. It was hard, I didnt beat him even on 5th attempt and then i stopped because I was bored and didnt want to try again. He was nicely done. The traps in the area, speed of Island Master, clones, spells this all together made the fight with him very epic but much more difficult than the fight with lindworm or what was the name of that dragon, which i beated on first attempt without problems. I think the real ending with killing Island Master was made well. It was optional and if you wanted this option, you had to do tough fight. For me personaly it was harder above my possibilities - i havent loaded the game in the entire game so much times as here. But as I said it was optional and nicely done :-)
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

I first completed the lair a few weeks ago. I had the game from day 1... My first play-through was on Ironman/Single Save mode. :twisted: