Food glorious food

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Groucho

Food glorious food

Post by Groucho »

I've run out of food in the catacombs and cemetary. Do I need to double back and search areas I've been in? Does new food grow?
minmay

Re: Food glorious food

Post by minmay »

If you return to Shipwreck Beach you should be able to find some turtles.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Or you can "cheat earn" food by opening the console and doing:

spawn("turtle")

This will spawn a turtle, where ever you are; so you can fight it, without doubling back to the shipwreck.

Which is why I call it cheat earn. Because it is technically cheating, but at least you're killing the turtle, rather than just using the console to spawn the food itself.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
leewroy

Post by leewroy »

Sir Tawmis wrote:at least you're killing the turtle, rather than just using the console to spawn the food itself.
No, this is cruel to the turtles... spawn the food is better. Try spawn ("mc_donalds") :lol:
Dematto

Post by Dematto »

Food-yielding monsters can respawn, but it's somewhat sparse. Basically, after every dungeon, I'll try to run around all the areas where I know there are food-bearing monsters. Shipwreck, Twigroot, Forgotten River, Keelbreach, Hamlet. Usually I get lucky and find at least 1 monster per area.
PaladinVito

Post by PaladinVito »

Another ready source of food is in the water. Many of the watery areas have fish swimming in the water, and you can catch the fish by clicking on them.
Dematto

Post by Dematto »

In another food thread, someone posted about an area they called "The Hatchery" that had respawning fish.
I cleared out the fish when I went there originally, then went back last night and they had all respawned.

It's located
SpoilerShow
In the northwestern part of the sewers, underwater. It's the area where you get the Crystal Shield