Devs: make more things stackable, please!

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
snow

Devs: make more things stackable, please!

Post by snow »

Devs, could you please make more items stackable? Namely food and torches! You find and need a lot of these, but in addition to weight restrictions the actual number of inventory slots is very limited, not all that many containers to be found to expand it.

Yes, I understand that torches have some kind of internal timer, so just make a torch unstackable once it had been equipped, just being able to save space for all the spare ones would be a treat... :P
Darklord

Re: Devs: make more things stackable, please!

Post by Darklord »

I think this is a nod to the original games, to make you think about what you carry.

Daniel.
A gently fried snail slice is absolutely delicious with a pat of butter...
Jack Dandy

Post by Jack Dandy »

I don't agree, OP. If you could stack these kind of big things, the entire aspect of item managment would be gone. Torches aren't that compact, you know! :?
spfiota

Post by spfiota »

In my opinion the worst part of the RPG genre is that annoying items management minigame forced on us all.
GhoXen

Post by GhoXen »

A big chunk of food is going to take a lot of space in your bag, regardless of how heavy it is. Herbs on the other hand are tiny and can be tightly packed.

You will be able to find plenty of sacks (6 slots) and boxes (8 slots) along the way. They are rather useful containers. My useless cow carries about two boxes of food.