Level 3 Golden Lock

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
InSaNeOo

Level 3 Golden Lock

Post by InSaNeOo »

just before the stairs to level 4 thers a door with a golden lock beside it... any ideas how to open? :D
I tried shoving all kinds of items inside the lock but no dice :(
toxium

Re: Level 3 Golden Lock

Post by toxium »

SpoilerShow
You can find a gold key in one of the secrets... there's a mace upgrade in the chamber behind the gold lock.
InSaNeOo

Post by InSaNeOo »

crap. totally missed that one. will have to scourge the level once again :/
Manic1002

Post by Manic1002 »

Any idea where the key is? I thought I had all the secrets so far but I guess not, is it even on the same floor as the lock? :lol:
Lohkay

Post by Lohkay »

SpoilerShow
The key is on the ground in a room in top-right corner of map. Near the stairs that go down to the slime dungeon.
kerzythepro

Post by kerzythepro »

Can you please point to which part of the map the key is? :D
SpoilerShow
Okay I found the Golden Key, It's dropped by a spider, if you missed it go up or down then come back to the same floor and kill the respawned spider.
OniTako

Post by OniTako »

kerzythepro wrote:Can you please point to which part of the map the key is? :D
SpoilerShow
Okay I found the Golden Key, It's dropped by a spider, if you missed it go up or down then come back to the same floor and kill the respawned spider.
Go to the red dot.
SpoilerShow
sjncm

Post by sjncm »

I'm at the red dot, I don't see a key or anything here.
Dude McAwesome

Post by Dude McAwesome »

SpoilerShow
I found the key on the ground after defeating a spider, not sure if it dropped from it or was just a coincidence. It was the last enemy on that floor though.
telra

Post by telra »

SpoilerShow
:?: maybe it's random placement? Because i found it somewhere else (can't remember point of map but!) it was the place where you first have to push a big button to remove a part of wall, so when you push a smaller button you can run through a gate that closes by itself, its around the spiders. There is a longer way to the left (not that long, maybe 10 squares) and thats where i found it, the shorter way opens by removing a part of wall to the right... hop this helps ... abit