Indestructible Enemies + some smaller problems

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Ichthyic

Re: Indestructible Enemies + some smaller problems

Post by Ichthyic »

Amaror wrote:Seriously?! That's just horrible, horrible game design. One of two things that is 100% necessary to progress the game is a secret, while the other is in a pretty late area (cemetery requires you to have gone through the archives first).
I enjoy a challenge, but a secret should not be 100% mandatory to success, especially if it's as hard a secret to get as this.
agree. the only reason I got to cemetary early was because I lucked out figuring out the right combo for the gate.

frankly, I don't think the clue I found in the archives later would have helped me anyway!
Zergpussy

Post by Zergpussy »

hey guys. i have the same problem but i am way not high enough to stand against the air elemental using dispel - it just wipes me away too fast. my party is around level 7-8 (!) and though i knew dispel from a previous play (where i discovered it somewhere and the snaky pattern is easily remembered) i am just too low to deal with it in the area after twigroot forest where suddenly also blue bats spawned. i am glad (for what reason ever) i skilled my wizard primarily on lightning, i can make the shock shield (but just 33 res for the win) and i can cast dispel - but just not enough.

i used "invisible" spell after i finished ruins of desarune... wich i left for the sewers (big mistake), and from there i did enjoy an odyssey from worse to much worser... featuring hordes of rats, rat bosses, ogres, fire elementals, leprechauns, huge warg-wolves... different sewer exits, beach areas, air shrine, no clue and just trying to get back home through ogre plagued areas. i somehow managed to get back "home" in the area of the castle east of twigroot forest... but now there is the green (air) elemental... the blue bats were easy though (using shock shield).

is it just that i messed up with the progress and roamed too freely? shouldn't there be a warning or a level recommendation. or something? i mean i like the half-open world letting you sometimes sneak into areas not meant for you by now...but it seems i massively f****d up.

i dont know if i should just quit playing - i have seen the first three hours of the game too often by now just starting over and over again to find out which party fits me best. i just don't want to start over agin, lol.
Chimera005ao

Post by Chimera005ao »

If you can't kill them, just avoid them...
I was never able to use dispel.
Zergpussy

Post by Zergpussy »

hm cool idea!
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Ki-Rin wrote:No matter how many times I hit them with Dispel They just would not die.
Then you are doing something wrong. Of course it takes several hits with Dispel to get rid of an air elemental and you must not attack it with other spells like Shock or Lightning Bolt because those heal it back up!
UglyBastard

Post by UglyBastard »

I had the same problem with a) my mana pool being too small (despite having a wizard, water magic 1 only though) and b) hitting it with lightning, thinking it would deal dmg.

Just brew a bunch of mana potions and chug them like there is no tomorrow while spamming Dispel. It will die. Eventually.
EvoluZion3

Post by EvoluZion3 »

yeah I'm a little disappointed in this too. I'd gone into what I think is one of the tougher areas first (archives / sewers, etc.) and after getting my ass handed to me decided to retreat with my tail between my legs and try another area. Got back to the island which I thought I'd cleared out but two of these damn leaf monsters had spawned! Give me a break already! :(
Thorham

Post by Thorham »

You can use teleporters to kill those elementals, because a monster who is on a tile that you teleport to, is destroyed immediately. This works for any area where they popup that has telporters.

The one in the House of Needles can simply be avoided if you're quick. First get everything there is in that area, then open the gate that releases the elemental. Avoid it, leave the House of Needles, and use the Hub teleporter to kill it.

Return to “Gameplay Hints”