Where to store loot?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Venturello

Where to store loot?

Post by Venturello »

Hi all - a little compulsive here but I like to keep the stuff I find - not all, but what I suspect could be useful in the future. Where can I leave it? Is leaving just in the ground, on the outside, in a central location, in a bag or box, safe? ie, it will not disappear over time.

Thanks all,

J
HotMaarl

Re: Where to store loot?

Post by HotMaarl »

I set up a highly organized stash in the Hub personally. You'll come across more than enough crates and bags to organize it according to any degree of OCD you might have. Stuff you place will stay there, forever.

You have a good plan there. Proceed with no fear.
msyblade

Post by msyblade »

Yep, Hub. That way it is accessible from nearly anywhere, on short notice.
Currently conspiring with many modders on the "Legends of the Northern Realms"project.

"You have been captured by a psychopathic diety who needs a new plaything to torture."
Hotel Hades
Venturello

Post by Venturello »

Still dont understand the hub, need to explore it. Now just walking around to where I need.

Besides the hub, is it safe to leave stuff elsewhere?

And thanks for answers!
Rithrin

Post by Rithrin »

So far as I can tell, no monsters in the game pick up items and items on the ground do not despawn. Personally I used the chests and pedestals in the starting beach area to store my stuff as I found that the hub was impossible to organize properly (Too much shuffling around and squishing together of items while walking!).
Vice Dellos

Post by Vice Dellos »

the least safe place to store loot is in your hands XD you might run into a frog! anywhere else it should stay forever I used the chest at first save crystal at first and later changed to the hub aswell
Merethif

Post by Merethif »

Hub is the way to go.
SpoilerShow
Plus out of four teleports available eventually in the hub, two teleport you to the spot next to the treasure chest, so you can store extra stuff in those two chests conveniently.
Venturello

Post by Venturello »

I know the hub - just dumped all my 'unneeded' stuff there. But, I only have 1 teleporter working. Why is that? Do I just need to complete shrines or something? Not sure what activated the first one (to the beach)

(don't mind spoilers to be honest)

Thanks!
Cronicler

Post by Cronicler »

I know the item drag can become a bit fiddly and you will have to dance around it a bit but the Hub is the best place to store items.
Here is the solution I'm using to avoid the drag along dance:
SpoilerShow
TThe red-blue-green dots represent my (common) food dump where I stash all my extra varg, turtle, frog and snake bits and fish from ponds.

The black dots on the corridor represent my harpoon, ancient shield, ancient helm and skullcleave piles. The dot to the left of the arrow is the torch pile.
*Items can only be dragged once and as these things are basically paperweights (that I still collect due to the dragon blood), they can be dropped on the ground and walked over once and voila they are all stacked in a relatively tidy fashion.

The green lines represent the path I have to take to get to the windgates. To get to my main stashes, I just go 1 step south and then 1 step west (left) and as the crates and piles are not placed on the tile I'm traversing they are not dragged along.

The pink dots are my specialty food piles that I haven't consumed before returning to stash the excess gear. As I consume heavier food items first to save space in the field and generally prefer using the pond fish (1kg each) as my emergency rations, these bread, smoked salmon, cheese etc piles generally grow to respectable sizes.

The Red Squares represent the crates that I use to store and sort my excess gear. At 3kgs per 16 slots compared to the .3 kgs per 9 slots of the sacks, I think that lugging a crate instead of two sacks for extra inventory space is not a bright idea. Again, The southern crates are on another tile so they aren't dragged when you step into this tile.

(For those OCD readers, the type list is cloth crate, light armour crate, heavy armour crate, mid game melee weapons crate, ranged weapons crate, early game melee weapons crate, sack of specialty items (Pick, extra shovel, extra mortar&pestle) starting from 6 o'clock position and going clockwise.
Cronicler

Post by Cronicler »

Venturello; As you clear areas, you will come across hub keys that will allow you to power additional windgates in the field. These windgates are in relatively central locations and they will allow you to cut your travel time in half if not more when you want to go back to a puzzle you skipped or want to gather some food.