Dual wielding heavy weapons.

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Spathi

Dual wielding heavy weapons.

Post by Spathi »

Does this work, anyone tried?
whackangel

Re: Dual wielding heavy weapons.

Post by whackangel »

Tried, but don't work... The best combo you can come up with is heavy weapon in one hand and shield in the other (requires full Heavy Weapon skill tho)
minmay

Post by minmay »

The heavy weapons 5 perk does work on light weapons IIRC, so if you happen to have both heavy weapons 5 and light weapons 3+ you could dual-wield two-handed light weapons. Since there are only a few two-handed light weapons in the game and all of them are garbage, this isn't particularly useful knowledge.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Grimfan

Post by Grimfan »

It would be nice... but horribly overpowered at high levels. Could you imagine being able to wield Bane and the Meteor Hammer at the same time? :shock:
whackangel

Post by whackangel »

a bit unbalanced :/
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

Grimfan wrote:It would be nice... but horribly overpowered at high levels. Could you imagine being able to wield Bane and the Meteor Hammer at the same time? :shock:
You would be able to use 4 at the same time + 2 dual light weapons for the rouge at the back.

I had 2 heavy weapons fighters. I found bane and Scythe+"harvest time" more useful than Meteor. Not too over powered as you have to click them all, lol.

To give you an idea I took out one Meteor fire golem thing at the end in three hits and one in one hit, lol. (I had to reload though as the dragon has to be taken out faster. Which was a 10 seconds or something when I faced it.)
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Spathi wrote:Does this work, anyone tried?
Dual Wielding is integral part of the Light Weapons skill so the answer is "No".
Jirodyne

Post by Jirodyne »

Spathi wrote:Does this work, anyone tried?
Read the 2 skills. Light weapons 5 lets you duel weirld and LIGHT WEAPON. While Heavy weapons 5 like you use any two-handed HEAVY WEAPON in 1 hand
Spathi

Post by Spathi »

whackangel answered it, I sort of guessed it would not be possible, just wondering if someone tried.
I was just responding to it might be unbalanced... you would have to click them all like a walking whipper snipper, (you would also have to forgo some of accuracy, critical or armor).