Stuck in Twigroot dungeon

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
borat

Stuck in Twigroot dungeon

Post by borat »

So there's a dungeon in Twigroot, where at the entrance there's a button hidden on the wall you have to press to make it inside. Now I'm trying to get out, and the slab that leads to the exit is gone. I can't find any button or anything to activate it, and I haven't played since the update. Is there a possibility the update "reset" the dungeon somehow or am I just missing the proper button or switch?

Please note that when I do press the button, it only activates the slab for the other side, leading -into- the dungeon. There is a pull chain at the door leading to the exit, but I can't reach it because there's a hole in between me and that spot where the exit leads out.
Shady_arc

Re: Stuck in Twigroot dungeon

Post by Shady_arc »

I am pretty sure there was a sign just beside the door that reads "There is no turning back". Meaning, no, you can only go deeper into the dungeon and exit the tunnels on the other side. Not that far in, actually.
borat

Post by borat »

No, this is the one where the sign reads something like Look closer, sometimes you miss the things right in front of you.
ChinookUT

Post by ChinookUT »

Might the area you refer to be the area marked "A" on the Twigroot Basement map of the Atlas?

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7859

At "A" is a writing that says "Sometimes things are hidden in plain sight".
borat

Post by borat »

Hahaha, I just realized after seeing the Atlas they are both one and the same dungeon. This game is so well made, it's pretty silly of me to have blamed the update on my predicament. I blame putting this great game down for about a couple weeks and marijuanos. Also Obama.

Seriously though, thanks!