Need help with a 'clue', and i'm looking for boots!

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Kazeema

Need help with a 'clue', and i'm looking for boots!

Post by Kazeema »

Hello!

I need help with a scroll that i found, it has writing on it which makes me believe there should be a treasure buried somewhere. However, the text doesn't help much.
Would appreciate subtle hints rather than just saying where it is, since i like figuring out the puzzles on my own ;)

Three steps x and south from x x

Is there another note/scroll that goes with this one to better explain it?

Also, the rogue's boots, i've got the other pieces of the set and i've had them for... most of the game it feels like. However i'm starting to get Epic items now such as the meteor parts and crystal parts which makes me think that i've left the last piece of the rogue armor behind somewhere.

Any hints on where to find the rogue boots?

Thanks for any help!
Dortimor

Re: Need help with a 'clue', and i'm looking for boots!

Post by Dortimor »

Rogue boots are in Hamlet in house of needles. U must have gold key to take it. If u remember whereu find chest and helm for rogue
I would be grateful for hint :)
Vaimsus

Post by Vaimsus »

Dont know if someone else has better memory, but it would be easier to help if you could told us where you found the scroll in the first place.
Kazeema

Post by Kazeema »

I'm pretty sure i got it in the cemetary, close to the end somewhere. Not 100% but it was in cemetary definitly, i THINK after you killed 1st boss, but before 2nd boss. Hope that helps.

As for the rogue chest and helm i'm sorry, have no idea to be honest, i got them really early in my playthrough, feels like i've had em forever.
Haarukkamies

Post by Haarukkamies »

Kazeema wrote:I'm pretty sure i got it in the cemetary, close to the end somewhere. Not 100% but it was in cemetary definitly, i THINK after you killed 1st boss, but before 2nd boss. Hope that helps.

As for the rogue chest and helm i'm sorry, have no idea to be honest, i got them really early in my playthrough, feels like i've had em forever.
SpoilerShow
Unless the scroll locations are random you get both that scroll and the other one from the pyramid of Umas. The other one with the "xx west x four x x Cemetary entrance" text. I'm trying to figure out the same puzzle myself.
Haarukkamies

Post by Haarukkamies »

Kazeema wrote:I'm pretty sure i got it in the cemetary, close to the end somewhere. Not 100% but it was in cemetary definitly, i THINK after you killed 1st boss, but before 2nd boss. Hope that helps.

I've got it!
SpoilerShow
Put the two scrolls together and replace the x with the words on the second scroll.