Oh noes, it's happening again... [FOV & UI concerns]

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
Dr.Disaster

Re: Oh noes, it's happening again... Vert- !

Post by Dr.Disaster »

badhabit wrote:"Accept button not reachable/inaccessible Option menu" for LoG2 inside the given specifications, for physically monitor settings of 1360x786, 1280x1024 in LoG2
Setting the ingame resolution larger than your monitor can display is about the dumbest thing one can do.
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
badhabit wrote:"Accept button not reachable/inaccessible Option menu" for LoG2 inside the given specifications, for physically monitor settings of 1360x786, 1280x1024 in LoG2
Setting the ingame resolution larger than your monitor can display is about the dumbest thing one can do.
But technical possible, fully supported by windows (you can shift the window around), sometimes useful and inside the LoG1/2 specification, "Dr. I-like-to-cite-the-specification-all-the-time"

Also, this shows that the LoG engine mixes up in the detection step physical resolution with window resolution, which I call a clear bug & ultimately the reason why many multi-monitor setups fail.
Last edited by badhabit on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

badhabit wrote:
Dr.Disaster wrote:
But technical possible, fully supported by windows (you can shift the window around), sometimes useful and inside the LoG1/2 specification, "Dr. I-like-to-cite-the-specification-all-the-time"

Also, this shows that the LoG engine mixes up in the detection step physical resolution with window resolution, which I call a clear bug & ultimately the reason my many multi-monitor setups fail.
You call it bug. I call it bollocks on the users end.
ztorm

Post by ztorm »

This thread is derailing quickly...
Dr.Disaster wrote:Is it really an issue? 20 years ago when we all had 17 inch CRT's it was normal but today I don't know anybody who is still running resolutions below 1024x768.
Indeed, 20 years ago widescreen gaming did not even exist. And then... slowly but steadily... it became a major issue ;)
Fast forward to today, HD has become the norm, 4K is coming, and PC gamers can pick exactly the display they like amidst a vast choice of monitors of all aspects and resolutions.

That's why developers need to make sure their games have what it takes to adapt smoothly to pretty much any and all display.
You can't test every display, just like you can't test every CPU/GPU combination - but you can take user feedback, so... there it is.