LoG 2 very poor performance...

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
questor

Re: LoG 2 very poor performance...

Post by questor »

I've installed gpu-z 0.7.9 but I don't see any perfcap sensors? nvidia-specific?
I've 14.301.1001.0 (Catalyst 14.9) on Win7 64bit as graphic driver, seems to be the newest... other games work, so might not be power problem?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

questor wrote:I've installed gpu-z 0.7.9 but I don't see any perfcap sensors? nvidia-specific?
Possible, never had an AMD card so i can't tell.
questor wrote:I've 14.301.1001.0 (Catalyst 14.9) on Win7 64bit as graphic driver, seems to be the newest... other games work, so might not be power problem?
Then my only idea would be some Catalyst setting to interfere. Reset the driver to default and check if that helped.
questor

Post by questor »

my fault, found out what is was, if you want to build a faq: it's a developer machine and I had debug-version of dx activated with much debugging info enabled, that slowed it down.. it's not the first time something like that happened to me, but I always forget to reset the settings after a debugging session :roll: anyway, thanks for your suggestions!
carlo222

Post by carlo222 »

By me always the same..
In Dungeons running, fighting is very fast excellent...
In Outsides Area Fleet Island etc.. is very Slow fighting an running..
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

carlo222 wrote:By me always the same..
It's the engine, there are already too many reports of fluktuating and bad performance. Send a support request per email to AH, to make your this critical issue for you visible to AH.
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

questor wrote:my fault, found out what is was, if you want to build a faq: it's a developer machine and I had debug-version of dx activated with much debugging info enabled, that slowed it down.. it's not the first time something like that happened to me, but I always forget to reset the settings after a debugging session :roll: anyway, thanks for your suggestions!
Have you checked your FPS in Twigroot forst or some outland area? ("debugInfo = true", FRAPS) The difference between debug and release version seems a little bit extreme...
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

questor wrote:my fault, found out what is was, if you want to build a faq: it's a developer machine and I had debug-version of dx activated with much debugging info enabled, that slowed it down.. it's not the first time something like that happened to me, but I always forget to reset the settings after a debugging session :roll: anyway, thanks for your suggestions!
Ah i see .. well what FPS-rate do you get now?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Well giving no information at all about your system, CPU, GPU, settings or framerate won't change that.
badhabit wrote:It's the engine, there are already too many reports of fluktuating and bad performance.
Yeah sure .. you have no idea what carlo222 runs on or with but it must be the LoG2 engine.
That's like "Mommy why does my Voodoo2 not run LoG2?" "Must be the engine, dear. Write a rant to AH."
carlo222

Post by carlo222 »

By me always the same..
My system...
Laptop Win 7 32 bit
Intel Core (TM) Duo CPU T 6400 @ 2.00 GHz -2.00GHz
Ram 4.00
ATi Radeon HD 4650
badhabit

Post by badhabit »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Well giving no information at all about your system, CPU, GPU, settings or framerate won't change that.
badhabit wrote:It's the engine, there are already too many reports of fluktuating and bad performance.
Yeah sure .. you have no idea what carlo222 runs on or with but it must be the LoG2 engine.
That's like "Mommy why does my Voodoo2 not run LoG2?" "Must be the engine, dear. Write a rant to AH."
PC games are in general expected to scale with hardware; GPU perfomance and screen size. The LoG engine is overly limited with both aspects, which is especially surprising for many customers as: they expect a retro game, adressed at the retro audience, focussed on game mechanic and not a super-shiny AAA title focussed on graphics and visual effects, needing newest generation of GPUs.

Therefore I find it reasonable to expect that LoG2 has options which allow the game to run even with subpar hardware (mobile, some year olds one): deactiving shiny effects, reducing resolution etc. , like it is common for many PC games. Both options scales not enough (or are too restricted, resolution) with the LoG engine to produce enough frames.