Neck Chain doesnt work?

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Luj1

Neck Chain doesnt work?

Post by Luj1 »

So
SpoilerShow
after defeating the 3 living chests in the secret area of the Lexiquary or whatever its called
I'm putting it on my character who is both starving and overburdened but it doesn't do anything.
SpoilerShow
Neck Chain is an item who is supposed to give Immunity to these 2 effects
RPG veteran
Hatman

Re: Neck Chain doesnt work?

Post by Hatman »

I noticed that already established debuffs don't get lifted by items or other means.

One time i got hit by one of those automatic fireball traps and my wizard got hurt and overburdened.
Before i realized i couldn't move anymore because of the injury the second fireball hit and killed her.
Even with her dead the overburdened effect persisted and made me unable to move my party.

Same happened when a slowed character died.
Luj1

Post by Luj1 »

that's just HILLARIOUS ! !
RPG veteran
Dirminxia

Post by Dirminxia »

Immunity does not cure debuffs, it prevents them. The crystal necklace, which gives Immunity to poison/disease/petrification/etc. doesn't remove those debuffs from a character that already has them, but if you are wearing it BEFORE you get a debuff, it will prevent it from happening. If you wear the neck chain before you get hungry or put on too much weight, then you won't become starved or over-burdened. Note though, if you try to carry more than your strength allows, you will still lose the ability to move.
Ichthyic

Post by Ichthyic »

yeah, basically wearing the chain just gives an extra 10% weight allowance without getting slowed.

i can imagine that being useful under certain circumstances, but I rarely found a need for it as opposed to some of the other nice jewelry.
Luj1

Post by Luj1 »

Dirminxia wrote:Note though, if you try to carry more than your strength allows, you will still lose the ability to move.
I figured that part out.. It prevents 'burdened' but not 'overburdened'
RPG veteran
Luj1

Post by Luj1 »

Ichthyic wrote:yeah, basically wearing the chain just gives an extra 10% weight allowance without getting slowed.

i can imagine that being useful under certain circumstances, but I rarely found a need for it as opposed to some of the other nice jewelry.
Would it be too imbalanced if Neck Chain gave immunity to 'burdened' AND 'overburdened' ??

(so you could wear all you want)
RPG veteran
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Luj1 wrote:Would it be too imbalanced if Neck Chain gave immunity to 'burdened' AND 'overburdened' ??
Very!
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Luj1 wrote:Would it be too imbalanced if Neck Chain gave immunity to 'burdened' AND 'overburdened' ??
Very!
Really, that's too much, that charachter would me nothing more than a mule !

It's already very cool that you can use it with a lizard mage with the traits that gives you more regeneration of health and energy with more hunger and the bracers that gives you more energy regeneration but more hunger and the cape that gives you only energy regeneration... :ugeek: