Becoming a Sage / All-Out-Wizard

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Hatman

Becoming a Sage / All-Out-Wizard

Post by Hatman »

A few hints for your wizard.
After my 2nd playthrough and afterwards reading up in guides about stuff i may have missed i realized getting your wizard all skilled out is very, very tight.

If you wanna be able to cast all ingame spells and/or wanna get that steam sage archievment, you have to be very strict about skillpoint allocations.
To cast all 20 spells you will need the following skill setup:

Concentration: 3
Fire Magic: 5
Air Magic: 4
Earth Magic: 3
Water Magic: 3
Total: 18

On my 2nd playthrough i used a regular 4-man party (no farmer) with 1 human wizard. I discovered most secrets, cleared all areas and after the final (secret) boss i was level 14 (with my humans nearing 15).
Since my wizard had the skilled trait and i didn't use skill-books on her i ended up with 16 Skillpoints. 2 short of the goal. :/
Taking the +10% trait and wearing the +25% xp amulet might have made a difference but even then i would only have reached it at the very end of the game.

Long story short,
if you wanna max out your wizard, use all skill-books you find on him/her.
Last edited by Hatman on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MasterZee

Re: Becoming a Sage / All-Out-Wizard

Post by MasterZee »

The topic is a bit misleading. There are 20 total spells. I've get Sage achievement with 0 points in earth magic. It requires total of 15 points and can be reached at lvl 14 without additional skillpoints.
ZedDukeOfBanville

Post by ZedDukeOfBanville »

The Sage achievement only needs to cast 15 different spells. I've been able to get it recently with Fire 5, Air 4, Earth 1, Water 3, Concentration 3, but I was not specifically trying to get it so there may be a quicker way or cheaper spells.
Hatman

Post by Hatman »

I misscounted. It's 20 spells total, not 16. So yeah you can totally get away without earth magic for instance.

Note: Don't give tips when tired. XD