Ruins of Desarune - Green Slime/Plate Trigger.

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Sir Tawmis

Ruins of Desarune - Green Slime/Plate Trigger.

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Pretty sure I have cleared everything I can - but I need a nudge of help here. I can see the pressure plate, and it looks like the ceiling above it is gone (so one could drop something from above) - but when I check my map - I don't see anything above it (that's accessible).

Visual (image) within Spoiler tag.
SpoilerShow
A gentle nudge in how to spring that plate would be greatly appreciated!
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Miikka

Re: Ruins of Desarune - Green Slime/Plate Trigger.

Post by Miikka »

You are on a right track, but the solution is simpler that you think.
SpoilerShow
There's a button on a wall nearby
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Seriously?
SpoilerShow
Effing buttons! The bane of my existence!
I will check for it when I come home from work tonight!
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
brotherhobbes

Post by brotherhobbes »

Sir Tawmis wrote:Seriously?

I will check for it when I come home from work tonight!
If you just can't find it:
SpoilerShow
the hidden switch is right by the grate with the slime in your picture. The slime can attack you through the grate
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Yes, I noticed
SpoilerShow
that green slime can attack you through the gate which is a bit annoying considering we can't throw rocks or fire arrows (something thin) through the grates to fire back... although it'd take 1,000 arrows to probably kill the damn green slime because they have an insane amount of hit points...