Pyramid of Umas

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Spathi

Re: Pyramid of Umas

Post by Spathi »

SpoilerShow
There is invisibility in the chest if u do this level second, so sneak up on everything. I did this level near the end so it was 4 hits from heavy weapon for each.
SpoilerShow
The Medusa's would be hard if you did this level first, I just put them in a force field to clear the claymore trap, a bit like the sith fight in star wars, lol.
I was wondering if you could get them to petrify themselves in a force field if you times it right?
I was wondering what does
SpoilerShow
betrayal and arrival refer to. The serpent staff and the staff of ruling (in the pictures)? Is there a secret here? There is nowhere to put them?
crovax

Post by crovax »

Question about a room I can't find my way into. The room is in the lower left corner of the Tomb Underground area. I think I need to drop down form the level above at the puzzle that leads to the claymore. But I can't figure out how to get the floor to open up without having the warp zone on top of it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Spencer1000

Post by Spencer1000 »

ZedDukeOfBanville wrote:Any helping strategy for
SpoilerShow
Found the healing crystal and a teleporter in case things are getting too hot. Hiding behind large rocks I've been able to kill most of mummies one group after another, then the rest in the open air. Now it's only me and the two fire golems. Any tip? They are hard to kill :(
I just used range on them, gave my barb some hand axes and bows to my lizards and my mage threw frost bolt and killed them in like 4 min or so.
Deathuponu

Post by Deathuponu »

SpoilerShow
tomb of sacrifice , there is a champion of the sun and the moon thing, can't figure out how open the door
I have gotten 1 of the 2 tomb key's for the big head thing on 3rd floor.
http://i.imgur.com/5X5HnCh.png
Spencer1000

Post by Spencer1000 »

Deathuponu wrote:
SpoilerShow
tomb of sacrifice , there is a champion of the sun and the moon thing, can't figure out how open the door
sun god likes light so put torches on his wall, moon god like dark so take all torches off his wall.
Deathuponu

Post by Deathuponu »

Spencer1000 wrote:
Deathuponu wrote:
SpoilerShow
sun god likes light so put torches on his wall, moon god like dark so take all torches off his wall.
i put 2 torches out of 3... thought would work guess i needed a third one sigh, i tried that too lol
ZedDukeOfBanville

Post by ZedDukeOfBanville »

Spencer1000 wrote:
ZedDukeOfBanville wrote:Any helping strategy for
SpoilerShow
Found the healing crystal and a teleporter in case things are getting too hot. Hiding behind large rocks I've been able to kill most of mummies one group after another, then the rest in the open air. Now it's only me and the two fire golems. Any tip? They are hard to kill :(
I just used range on them, gave my barb some hand axes and bows to my lizards and my mage threw frost bolt and killed them in like 4 min or so.
Thanks for the tip. I used invisibility to approach them one by one then some bear form potion and careful dodging and that did it. :)
Yossarian

Post by Yossarian »

crovax wrote:Question about a room I can't find my way into. The room is in the lower left corner of the Tomb Underground area. I think I need to drop down form the level above at the puzzle that leads to the claymore. But I can't figure out how to get the floor to open up without having the warp zone on top of it. Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Have exact same problem. There is more refference where is that room in spoiler.
I think i tryed every possible combination of pressure plate puzzle above that room. No luck.
SpoilerShow
Well I made it. I was on the right track, but the execution was not right.
Hint
SpoilerShow
Hint : If you imagine the two rooms over each other. does any of the pit ends in the secret?
Solution
SpoilerShow
Well it does. If you step on the first plate, the first pit is closed. Put something on it. Step on second plate. The pit opens and the teleport covers it. But the item you left droped down and you can enter the secret.
Last edited by Yossarian on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
itsmemario

Post by itsmemario »

SpoilerShow
@ Yossarian: Drop an item on the pit and then open it. It will fall down onto the pressure plate and opens a gate before the teleporter teleport it. Or simply use the rope to climb down even with the teleporter on.

Silly but it works. :? <---This is fixed if you have the latest patch.

Edit: Spoiler added.
Last edited by itsmemario on Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yossarian

Post by Yossarian »

itsmemario wrote:@ Yossarian:
SpoilerShow
Drop an item on the pit and then open it. It will fall down onto the pressure plate and opens a gate before the teleporter teleport it. Or simply use the rope to climb down even with the teleporter on.
Silly but it works. :? <---This is fixed if you have the latest patch.
Thnx Man. i made it at last. Perseverance is key sometimes :-)
P.S. - can you hide it into spoiler. Just for the others?