Enough with the Spiders

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Piecewise

Enough with the Spiders

Post by Piecewise »

Dear devs, enough with the F***ing spiders.

The fact that they can kill any member of your party with a single shot if you don't have antidotes is enough of a nuisance without spamming them at me in tight corridors where you can't even fight strategically because you'll just end up backpedaling into another 3 of the F***ing things. The latter stages of level 3 become nothing but a slog through a maze infested with these stupid things, dozens and dozens of the same boring, generic, woefully over used pieces of...carapace. Without antidotes it's become nothing but a painful game of reloading every 15 seconds because being poisoned means you're as good as dead.

This sort of thing reduces the game to nothing but a painful,uninteresting,frustrating grind. At this point doing a tax spreadsheet would be more innovative AND more fun. I can only hope that this sort of thing isn't repeated elsewhere, otherwise I am going to be severely let down that the potential of this game was reduced to a monotonous exercise in patience.
Tea

Re: Enough with the Spiders

Post by Tea »

So make some antidotes.
StormVR6

Post by StormVR6 »

Wow, say what you think, eh?

But to be honest, I do hope this kind of thing doesn't occur often in LoG. I don't mind the odd bit of frustration in a game (Rayman Origins is a good example of limiting the frustration to a perfect level), but if the fun is completely taken away by it then nobody enjoys that.
It costs nothing to be nice.....but it can cost you much if you're not.
OniTako

Post by OniTako »

Your characters can survive to poison if they have enought life.
If you don't have more antidotes, heal them with potions until they are recovered.
Piecewise

Post by Piecewise »

Tea wrote:So make some antidotes.
Oh sure let me just whip some of those up with the plants I do not have.
OniTako wrote:Your characters can survive to poison if they have enought life.
If you don't have more antidotes, heal them with potions until they are recovered.
Really? Cause I've gone through 3 potions on one person, waiting till just before he dies, and it doesn't seem to be helping.

I've been keeping count now. 15 spiders in a row. Right in front of me is a room with ohhhh say 5? Top notch. Really digging this challenge. Nothing like camping a door and abusing the Ai to make me just love a game.

Also, they don't drop anything edible. Ever. Great, time to die of poison AND starvation. You'd think I could cut something edible from these animals the size of a horse but noooope, the exist for no reason other then to harass me.
SimS

Post by SimS »

Even if poisoned, you can rest to get healed and poison will eventually fade out.
creocoder

Post by creocoder »

Ok. What difficult level you choose to play?
schwa

Post by schwa »

Odd, I'm playing on Hard + Oldschool and while the spiders are indeed tough, they aren't that bad.

I just burned through the room full of 'em on level 3. I would attack with all four party members than shut the door and recover.

If you are saddling up to them and thinking you can go toe-to-toe for a while you'll get wailed on. Try dancing!
HeavyMetalMonk

Post by HeavyMetalMonk »

OP's the kind of kid that throws controllers when he loses.

This game isn't for you, go play whatever CoD rehash came out recently.

Alternatively, learn how to play the game because if you're getting surrounded THAT often, it's your fault.
Last edited by HeavyMetalMonk on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patchumz

Post by Patchumz »

I can understand his current state of rage :P, floor 3 is actually the hardest floor for a while imo. (mob wise) Think of it as a crash course in strategic combat, everything before it was an introduction to the game. (Floor 4 will be your crash course in puzzles :P)