Pyramid of Umas

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Orin Crest

Re: Pyramid of Umas

Post by Orin Crest »

I'm having trouble in the room with the fireball and the "redirectors".

I found the button, but when I pressed it all it seemed to do was create another redirector.

Help, please?

10Q.
tommy5000

Post by tommy5000 »

http://i.imgur.com/GUt3XxE.jpg how do you open this one? the right opened it with the weapons and searched that area for buttons and such
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

Orin Crest wrote:I found the button, but when I pressed it all it seemed to do was create another redirector.
Well, that should send the fireball on "THE RIGHT PLACE" *wink-wink*

Don't you remember how you entered the Pyramid ?
tommy5000 wrote:http://i.imgur.com/GUt3XxE.jpg how do you open this one? the right opened it with the weapons and searched that area for buttons and such
From the other side.

The one i want to help instead is the othe one on the right side of the puzzle door.
Ichthyic

Post by Ichthyic »

Ok, I've cleared out the pyramid AFAICT; even killed everything up top in the desert area. man, that took a while. got a crit with my pole-axe for 500 on the leprechaun. that was satisfying.

so, seems like there should be a shrine or something up here. also, the stone idols look meaningful, but I tried digging near them, and where their gaze meets, but nada.

gotta be missing something here.

also, how many power stones in the pyramid. I found 3; is that it?

actually, I see I'm somehow missing the claymore people mentioned. where was that?
Rig

Post by Rig »

Ichthyic wrote:
actually, I see I'm somehow missing the claymore people mentioned. where was that?

First floor of the pyramid, extreme lower left corner of the map. Be prepared for a fight.
Ichthyic

Post by Ichthyic »

nope.

went back to make sure. checked all the walls for hidden buttons. nada.

I can hear things moving behind the walls, but there is simply no way to get to them.

my map does not show any areas missed, so it's not an obvious secret area.

if there is a button to open a secret wall around there, I sure can't find it. spent an hour.

AH. got it. I had to climb down a pit in the fireball area to find this area you were talking about. fun little pressure pad/teleporter puzzle.
pitclimber

Post by pitclimber »

I already gained access to the second floor of the pyramid but I have a question about pit rooms on the entry level:
SpoilerShow
In the room behind the west side tomb lock, what does the hidden button do?
eduran

Post by eduran »

pitclimber wrote:I already gained access to the second floor of the pyramid but I have a question about pit rooms on the entry level:
SpoilerShow
In the room behind the west side tomb lock, what does the hidden button do?
SpoilerShow
If I remember correctly it opens a secret in the room behind the locked door on the other side of the hallway.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Hey i was wondering if i can get some help. I've traversed the pyramid without much of a problem until what i assume is the top floor.
SpoilerShow
IWhere the two heads are in the large square room with the slots for the two tomb keys. I've grabbed the first tomb key from the Tomb of offering puzzle but im stumped as to where to grab the second key. From looking at my map there is no obvious places i haven't explored
ZedDukeOfBanville

Post by ZedDukeOfBanville »

Any helping strategy for
SpoilerShow
the desert where there are 200+ mummies and 2 fire golems? I was waiting in the pyramid hoping they would come one by one but they don't seem to teleport past the 5/6 first groups.
edit:
SpoilerShow
Found the healing crystal and a teleporter in case things are getting too hot. Hiding behind large rocks I've been able to kill most of mummies one group after another, then the rest in the open air. Now it's only me and the two fire golems. Any tip? They are hard to kill :(