Cyrstal Mines Help - Literally stuck

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Moogoo88

Cyrstal Mines Help - Literally stuck

Post by Moogoo88 »

I know when I find out the answer to this question I'm going to feel stupid, but I'm currently stuck in a small hallway on the top floor. I'm just after the puzzle where you click a button and a gate opens to a room. In the floor are trap doors and there are three open trap doors that block access to the door across the room. If you throw a rock at the gate it lands on a pressure plate that opens the gate but then traps you on the middle tile when all the trap doors all open up around you. A fireball comes hurling at you from down the corridor and when it hits you it ports you to the other side of the door that had the pressure plate in front of it. At least that's where I think I am. So the door is shut and there's only one direction to go. At the end of this short corridor is a power source that hurles what seems to be a harmless spell of some kind at you but you block it without taking any damage. There is no exit out of here except the door at the other end. I can't find any buttons to open anything. I'm literally stuck in this hallway.

Let me know if you need further explanation of how I got to where I am.

Thanks.

NEVERMIND: I figured it out and yes I do feel stupid. I simply placed a rock on the pressure plate on the other side of the door and the door opens. Course I still couldn't figure out how to get back on the other side of the 3 open trap doors or what that corridor is for as it seemed to have no purpose other than to perplex you :).
Last edited by Moogoo88 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaimonSeaman

Re: Cyrstal Mines Help - Literally stuck

Post by DaimonSeaman »

This might make you feel a little bit dumb (I should know, it made me feel too)

just put something on the pressure plate on the other side of the gate that closed
Shims

Post by Shims »

SpoilerShow
throw something at the pressureplate and walk back, then sideways, before the shot hits you. the shot will open the door, if you dont block it.
Moogoo88

Post by Moogoo88 »

DaimonSeaman wrote:This might make you feel a little bit dumb (I should know, it made me feel too)

just put something on the pressure plate on the other side of the gate that closed
Thanks for the response. I think I got it just as you posted this. Much appreciated though.

Moogoo
Moogoo88

Post by Moogoo88 »

Shims wrote:
SpoilerShow
throw something at the pressureplate and walk back, then sideways, before the shot hits you. the shot will open the door, if you dont block it.
Aha... I got it. Thanks much. Now I see what the corridor is for. Never would have figured that out.

Moogoo