Crystal Mines Secrets

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
The Doppelgamer

Crystal Mines Secrets

Post by The Doppelgamer »

I just absolutely cannot figure out how to get two secrets in this place. Please give me a hint like "there is a hidden button" or "there is a very specific spot you need to fall down to" or "It's accessed from another zone". I'd still prefer to try to figure it out, I just REALLY need a hint cause I've been trying for literally hours. Also please use spoiler tags ;)
SpoilerShow
Okay, so in the first picture there is "?" on the map, I hear a noise behind that wall (most likely one of those exploding fire bird monsters), the "X" on the same picture is a chest I can't figure out how to get to... It's on a 1x2 platform with no way to fall down to it and no hidden walls behind it. Absolutely no clue how to get to either of these two.
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... g~original

On the second picture there is an "X" where I can see an item on a pedestal or something, I've search all surrounding areas (even on the floors above/below it) and I can't find any hidden buttons or anything.
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee4 ... g~original
Check out my LoG2 Atlas Compendium (All Secrets, Treasures, Items, Equipment, Zones/Maps, & More!)
Also check out my LoG2 Icon
Alcoremortis

Re: Crystal Mines Secrets

Post by Alcoremortis »

SpoilerShow
I believe there are buttons for both. I felt dumb after finding the chest one. The other one, I think I found by accident.
Shadowlordx

Post by Shadowlordx »

Hint:
Treasure Chest
SpoilerShow
The hidden buttons are found on the wooden walls, not the stone walls.
Noises
SpoilerShow
You find your way there by another secret
Item on Pedestal
Opaque Version:
SpoilerShow
The path is far not near
Clear Version:
SpoilerShow
On floor 2 look in the 2x2 square near the bottom left.
The Doppelgamer

Awesome thanks guys, found all three. I feel really stupid for taking this long to find the chest, especially since I've already combed that whole area for buttons several times... I have no clue how I could have missed that lol

Well I'm up to 60/77 secrets found, still gotta find 17 more somewhere in the game >.>"
Check out my LoG2 Atlas Compendium (All Secrets, Treasures, Items, Equipment, Zones/Maps, & More!)
crovax

Post by crovax »

Any idea how to reach what looks like the crystal armor leggings? I see them on a ledge but can't figure out how to reach it. Found several other secrets while I was trying to get to them, but no luck getting there yet.
The Doppelgamer

crovax wrote:Any idea how to reach what looks like the crystal armor leggings? I see them on a ledge but can't figure out how to reach it. Found several other secrets while I was trying to get to them, but no luck getting there yet.
Can you post a screenshot of your map with an X or something where the item is? Or describe the surrounding area?
Shadowlordx

Post by Shadowlordx »

crovax wrote:Any idea how to reach what looks like the crystal armor leggings? I see them on a ledge but can't figure out how to reach it. Found several other secrets while I was trying to get to them, but no luck getting there yet.
SpoilerShow
Consider the spot they're on and the level above it.