Spider Pit-drop puzzle

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
EvoluZion3

Spider Pit-drop puzzle

Post by EvoluZion3 »

I'm really annoyed with myself that I can't figure this out!

This is the first spider I see, trapped in a corridor. I can drop it via a pressure plate to the level below. If I get it on the centre square then it lands on a pad and lights up 3 of the 5 pressure plates behind me. The other plate just beams the spider back up again. I can't throw anything onto the lit pads either from above or below. What the hell am I missing?! Can someone give a cryptic clue?
Hatman

Re: Spider Pit-drop puzzle

Post by Hatman »

EvoluZion3 wrote:I'm really annoyed with myself that I can't figure this out!

This is the first spider I see, trapped in a corridor. I can drop it via a pressure plate to the level below. If I get it on the centre square then it lands on a pad and lights up 3 of the 5 pressure plates behind me. The other plate just beams the spider back up again. I can't throw anything onto the lit pads either from above or below. What the hell am I missing?! Can someone give a cryptic clue?
Here goes:
SpoilerShow
Ok if the spider lands on the button, the 5 holes open up (as indicated by the light).
You can put stones in the holes through the grates.
You wanna activate the 3 lit buttons at the same time.
Once you figured out where the light shines, put 1 stone in each of the (closed) holes. Then drop the spider on the button.
Also try activating all 5 buttons at once for a secret.
Lastly, in the lower middle room there's a wall switch that opens up another secret with a hint.
EvoluZion3

Post by EvoluZion3 »

SpoilerShow
Thankyou Hatman - I had all that already I just forgot that you could 'place' something through the grates. I was trying to throw stones! I feel such a fool. :roll:
Boxleitner

Post by Boxleitner »

Hatman!

I couldnt find that secret with the spider, where you hit all 5 tiles. If i hit the last one, it ports everything off the tiles.

Could you please reveal the answer?

(ive got the helmet. im just trying to see if theres a way to fight the spider or enter to top area where he walks)