I'm NOT Arachnophobic BUT...

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
schiz0phren1c

I'm NOT Arachnophobic BUT...

Post by schiz0phren1c »

The Spiders in Grimrock are scaring the Bejaysus out of me! :!:
I was Skyping my buddy while playing a while ago,telling him how great Grimrock is,when I got Spiderbushed
the result was TWO near coronaries,Mine from shock,and his from laughter at my "high pitched girlish squeals" :oops:
Damn fine work!.
FamousDrScanlon

Re: I'm NOT Arachnophobic BUT...

Post by FamousDrScanlon »

schiz0phren1c wrote:The Spiders in Grimrock are scaring the Bejaysus out of me! :!:
I was Skyping my buddy while playing a while ago,telling him how great Grimrock is,when I got Spiderbushed
the result was TWO near coronaries,Mine from shock,and his from laughter at my "high pitched girlish squeals" :oops:
Damn fine work!.
No no.. No where near as horrible as those flying crow things. When they attack, I flinch almost every time :lol:
cokebottle

Post by cokebottle »

I like how the flying mobs shove their crotches in your face. Wicked cool pelvis thrust.
schiz0phren1c

Post by schiz0phren1c »

FamousDrScanlon wrote:
schiz0phren1c wrote:The Spiders in Grimrock are scaring the Bejaysus out of me! :!:
Damn fine work!.
No no.. No where near as horrible as those flying crow things. When they attack, I flinch almost every time :lol:
Imagine a combo of the two! Aaaargh giant flying spider! :o
Emualynk

Post by Emualynk »

I am arachnophobic, I bought the game but I must admit that I'm a bit concerned about getting to the part where the spiders are.
schiz0phren1c

Post by schiz0phren1c »

Emualynk wrote:I am arachnophobic, I bought the game but I must admit that I'm a bit concerned about getting to the part where the spiders are.
could be good in a "face your fears therapy" type way...
Emualynk

Post by Emualynk »

schiz0phren1c wrote:
Emualynk wrote:I am arachnophobic, I bought the game but I must admit that I'm a bit concerned about getting to the part where the spiders are.
Doesn't work that way unfortunately. And it's not a fear, it's a phobia.
etox

Post by etox »

Emualynk wrote:
schiz0phren1c wrote:
There are spiders?
StormVR6

Post by StormVR6 »

Emualynk wrote:
schiz0phren1c wrote:
By definition, a phobia is the extreme fear of something.

I must admit, I do find it difficult to comprehend how a fear of something, no matter how extreme, can translate to a virtual world. However, I'd never suggest it doesn't. I have the initial "Arrhhh" when something crawls around the corner, or a shadow is spotted out the corner of my eye, but that's what this kind of game is all about. And so far, I've had quite a few shocks!
It costs nothing to be nice.....but it can cost you much if you're not.
Emualynk

Post by Emualynk »

StormVR6 wrote: By definition, a phobia is the extreme fear of something.

I must admit, I do find it difficult to comprehend how a fear of something, no matter how extreme, can translate to a virtual world. However, I'd never suggest it doesn't. I have the initial "Arrhhh" when something crawls around the corner, or a shadow is spotted out the corner of my eye, but that's what this kind of game is all about. And so far, I've had quite a few shocks!
It's an extreme and irrational fear. The irrational part is extremely important. I don't understand myself why I am arachnophobic. I just am. And I wasn't always.

"As briefly mentioned above, a specific phobia is a marked and persistent fear of an object or situation which brings about an excessive or unreasonable fear when in the presence of, or anticipating, a specific object; furthermore, the specific phobias may also include concerns with losing control, panicking, and fainting which is the direct result of an encounter with the phobia."