Anybody else run into a bug?

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
Mr Flay Sepulcrast

Re: Anybody else run into a bug?

Post by Mr Flay Sepulcrast »

bbcs168 wrote:I had just bought the game sometime last week and I was really happy to download and play this game. Now after about a 4 hour run, i think i ran into a bug.

I had just survived the trap in the tunnels where you're pretty much surrounded by rats. I was able to get out of that no problem. I backtracked a bit to go and heal my party at the crystal when i noticed a door open that wasn't before. Now here is where I think the bug is; even though the door is open and there are no obstructions blocking me from entering, I cannot go through this doorway. I am able to cast spells onto the next spot on the other side and i am also able to throw knives into said area. I just personally can't go through this part and thus am stuck.

I would be extremely appreciative if I could get some assistance with this issue.
I got this too -am stuck :(
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Mr Flay Sepulcrast wrote:
bbcs168 wrote:I had just bought the game sometime last week and I was really happy to download and play this game. Now after about a 4 hour run, i think i ran into a bug.

I had just survived the trap in the tunnels where you're pretty much surrounded by rats. I was able to get out of that no problem. I backtracked a bit to go and heal my party at the crystal when i noticed a door open that wasn't before. Now here is where I think the bug is; even though the door is open and there are no obstructions blocking me from entering, I cannot go through this doorway. I am able to cast spells onto the next spot on the other side and i am also able to throw knives into said area. I just personally can't go through this part and thus am stuck.

I would be extremely appreciative if I could get some assistance with this issue.
No idea where this should be. Got a map?
Mr Flay Sepulcrast

Post by Mr Flay Sepulcrast »

Dr.Disaster wrote:
Mr Flay Sepulcrast wrote:

No idea where this should be. Got a map?
Actually I don't think I'm stuck... but my blocked gateway is just before the "be quick" doorway and swirch in twigroot caves (or whatever they are called)
ZedDukeOfBanville

Post by ZedDukeOfBanville »

A small, non-blocking bug: when falling (or using the rope) from an upper level to a lower level, the automap doesn't refresh itself. On a particular place you have to go down a level to reach a secret place, then go down another level as it's the only possible exit: the map is still showing the previous state with some unknown squares.
Chiller

Post by Chiller »

I think I've hit a bug at the teleport puzzle near Sleet Island (the one with the "Danger" sign). When I go through the last teleporter to get to the small island, I am instantly teleported back (with a "Secret Found" message, too). I'm currently trying to time it so I go through just as it expires, but it's very tight; I hope that's not intended.

Edit: there is a way to avoid this by throwing a rock on the pressure plate from the outside and not through a teleporter from the inside.
Jirodyne

Post by Jirodyne »

I seem to be getting a visual bug with stacked items. Sometimes I will have 20 arrows, but it will randomly say 16, and when I shift click to pick one up it will say I picked up 4 and have 12 left o.O I notice it happens around 12-20ish items. Less than that or more than that and it's mostly fine. But when around there, it can sometimes glitch. Slightly annoying when looking and trying to regain the arrows you used.

Also with Arrows, I don't know if this is a bug or not but Fire Elementals explode when they hit you. But if you shoot one with an arrow, then it reaches and explodes on you, that arrow(s) is lost it seems, even tho it 'died' right in front of you. Lost a lot of good arrows before noticing that...
Chiller

Post by Chiller »

You can use a rope to go down into a pit which has a teleporter over it (like before the entrance of the Tomb of the Guardians in the pyramid). I personally think that's cool, but you could also see it as a bug.
Mean_Beanie

Post by Mean_Beanie »

Three things that might be bugs I've noticed:

1. If the spell casting menu is open on a character and that character gets their hand injured, you are still able to cast spells with the injured hand, provided that you don't exit out of the spell casting menu.

2. Equipping the Neck Chain to a character that is already starving does not cure their starvation.

3. The invisibility spell seems to have no effect on the ice elemental enemies.
MrAuer

Post by MrAuer »

In one of the very first dungeons in Twigroot forest, there is a doorway that you cannot pass even when it opens. I saw someone else mention this in another thread too. For me, this happened on two different occasions, ie. with a different group and game. Map and screenshot included - the door opened, but I cant go through, missiles and spells do go through. There are also 2 wolves on the left, inside, but they wont come out either.

Trying to move in the doorway, it just makes the bump-against-a-wall sound and will not move.

Is there anything important in there, or can I just ignore this area?
petri

Post by petri »

The invisible wall bug should be fixed in the latest beta (2.1.11). If you have the Steam version, Could you try the beta version? In steam right click on log2 -> properties -> betas.