Fifth Shrine and last Glowing Orb

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
h111

Fifth Shrine and last Glowing Orb

Post by h111 »

There's a fifth shrine in the game as mentioned by the stone faces but it's very hard to find

I've found the 4 elemental orbs and can enter the last castle, but I read that there is a secret boss/area if create the Orb of Balance, the last one

I'm also missing the last glowing orb in order to make the Orb of Balance. Is there a glowing orb in the last castle? All my maps are 99% cleared except for the castle
minmay

Re: Fifth Shrine and last Glowing Orb

Post by minmay »

Full solution:
SpoilerShow
One of the clues tells you that it was not the most powerful spell, but the most balanced spell, that revealed the shrine. Another clue told you that it was in the place where the four elements are most balanced.
Stand in the middle of the four statues in front of Castle Nex, where you placed the other 4 orbs. Then cast a spell with just the balance rune (center) selected. This will take you to the fifth shrine.
Where your last power gem probably is:
SpoilerShow
You get it for defeating the "final" boss in Castle Nex.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Freestylae

Post by Freestylae »

How'd you get into the castle?

I have the four orbs placed, yet the hooded Mage only peers through the slit in the door then closes it. Nothing happens.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Wrong placement maybe?
Freestylae

Post by Freestylae »

Allrighty well I got what I assume to be the "Bad Ending." Anyone can let me know where the last alter is? Thanks!
minmay

Post by minmay »

Where to put the Balance Orb:
SpoilerShow
After defeating the Lindworm, go back to the Hub and a door that was previously closed should be open. The statue for the Balance Orb is in plain sight in the room past that door.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
eLPuSHeR

Post by eLPuSHeR »

I have defeated LIndworm and got the "bad" ending but I am missing two glowing orbs. I think I was unable to get some of them (crystal mines comes to mind).
Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
GeForce GTX 970 (Gigabyte)