the one spell I really think is missing...

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
redsocialknight

the one spell I really think is missing...

Post by redsocialknight »

...is a "gust of wind" spell that would do minor damage and push the target back a square. Seems an obvious fit for this system
Chimera005ao

Re: the one spell I really think is missing...

Post by Chimera005ao »

redsocialknight wrote:...is a "gust of wind" spell that would do minor damage and push the target back a square. Seems an obvious fit for this system
I'm a bit disappointed in the spell count in general.
I DID get a hammer that had a chance to knock back when charged, so helpful.
Don't worry though, since the hammer and a few monsters clearly show that knock back is possible, people will make custom spells like the one you suggest. I made a teleport spell in the first Grimrock. The possibilities are incredible.
AsgarZigel

Post by AsgarZigel »

True, I was a bit disappointed as well. But apparently the modding API will be a lot better, so once they release the documentation I'll make a few custom spells.
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

The likely issue with making it a freely usable spell is that many enemies could be pushed into traps or over ledges, and only a few of them have the means to get back up/out again if this happens, so it would end up trivializing a lot of the otherwise-challenging battles.
AsgarZigel

Post by AsgarZigel »

Yeah, but at the cost of experience, since you can't fight enemies from above. Most of the challenging battles are fought by segregating enemies anyway and taking them one at a time. That just gives you one more tool to do that with.
Saice

Post by Saice »

AsgarZigel wrote:Yeah, but at the cost of experience, since you can't fight enemies from above. Most of the challenging battles are fought by segregating enemies anyway and taking them one at a time. That just gives you one more tool to do that with.

Force Field works good at doing this already.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through