Is Strength useful for ranged character?

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
happyemi

Is Strength useful for ranged character?

Post by happyemi »

My understanding is that Accuracy affects chance to hit of all weapons type (melee and ranged) plus damage for ranged. That means that I can totally ignore Strength when it comes to my gunner/bower. Correct?

If that's the case, Accuracy becomes like the most important stat for a non magic user, since it also affects evasion. I also wonder what's the actual effect of Strength on melee damage. If it's as low as in LoG1 I think I can ignore Str even for my melee characters :D
redsocialknight

Re: Is Strength useful for ranged character?

Post by redsocialknight »

As I understand it, thrown weapon damage is based on strength.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Accuracy is important for all weapon user, melee and ranged alike.
Throwing weapons benefit from strength, missile weapons benefit from dexterity.
Firearms are uneffected by stats.
Neutronium Dragon

Post by Neutronium Dragon »

Firearms are still affected by accuracy, so Dexterity matters to a degree, though less so than putting a couple of points into the Accuracy skill would.

Any weapon using character is liable to want at least a moderate amount of both Dex and Str in the long run because of accuracy and encumbrance issues, but which one they focus on will depend on the weapon type. The main benefit of Firearms is that you don't need to focus on anything; it has occurred to me that magic-focused characters are liable to get the most mileage out of firearms as something to switch to when their energy runs out.