2 secrets in reservoir

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Swordborn

Re: 2 secrets in reservoir

Post by Swordborn »

Wow, I'm having serious trouble with this. I actually found the map before I even got into the huge room with the geometric platforms in the water. I understood right away that the map must be some clue in the room, but I can't tell if its indicating a sequence, and I can't find any plates or switches anywhere. Can anyone explain this to me like I'm a four year old?
Dirminxia

Post by Dirminxia »

Swordborn wrote:Wow, I'm having serious trouble with this. I actually found the map before I even got into the huge room with the geometric platforms in the water. I understood right away that the map must be some clue in the room, but I can't tell if its indicating a sequence, and I can't find any plates or switches anywhere. Can anyone explain this to me like I'm a four year old?
Hint:
SpoilerShow
There are some things you just have to take on faith alone. Just because the buttons aren't visible, doesn't mean they aren't there.
If you need more help:
SpoilerShow
Try visiting the island in the order listed on the map.
Swordborn

Post by Swordborn »

Got it with your first hint. Some of these puzzles, I feel, are a lot less intuitive than in previous tile-sliding dungeon games. That's not necessarily a bad thing - this game is really teaching me to think outside the box...and that the developers are very clever people.
Rig

Post by Rig »

vinlock wrote:Nvm get the map from the mimic chest I think it was and they match the platform shapes.

The reward is worth it in this one.

I have that map which nearly matches the platform shapes, but I'll be damned if I can't get into that room with the chest in the upper left of the map. I've searched the entire underwater area for a lever or a switch. Even another handy note perhaps but nothing.
minmay

Post by minmay »

SpoilerShow
You have to climb onto the islands in the order they are on the map (left-to-right, top-to-bottom). After doing so a teleporter should appear.
Grimrock 1 dungeon
Grimrock 2 resources
I no longer answer scripting questions in private messages. Please ask in a forum topic or this Discord server.
Rig

Post by Rig »

minmay wrote:
SpoilerShow
You have to climb onto the islands in the order they are on the map (left-to-right, top-to-bottom). After doing so a teleporter should appear.

Thanks!