Best party + Poll

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!

Did you use a random party for your first playthrough?

Yes
6%
No
94%

Total votes: 32

st3rv1s

Best party + Poll

Post by st3rv1s »

Hi!

I am so excited to play this game! But a large hold back for me is the party creation part.

So what I want to know is your party setup to conquer each obstable this game will offer you.
Klezzon

Re: Best party + Poll

Post by Klezzon »

Human Knight - Light Melee, focused on Dodge (with shield)
Minotaur Berserk (Skull Skill, FTW, 34 STR on lv 6) - Heavy Weapon Guy, with Heavy Armor and an avalanche of HP
Insectoid Mage - Water + Fire Magic at start (Kinda useless water at start, i know NOW)
Ratling Rogue (Mutation may be random, but is still useful) Ranged guy + Alchemist
Last edited by Klezzon on Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tseliger

Post by tseliger »

Playing with a full party of Ratlings: Knight, Barbarian, Rogue, Wizard

EEEEEEK, MUTATING RAVENOUS RODENTS GALORE!!! :mrgreen:
Klezzon

Post by Klezzon »

tseliger wrote:Playing with a full party of Ratlings
I can only imagine the fights each time they find some cheese...
JJoschy

Post by JJoschy »

Level 15 + 2 start points

Minotaur - Barbarian - Head Hunter, Aggressive - Heavy Weapons 5, Armor 4, Athletics 3, Dodge 5
Lizardman - Barbarian - Endure Elements, Aggressive - Light Weapons 5, Armor 4, Athletics 3, Dodge 5
Ratling - Rogue - Mutation, Agile - Missile Weapons 5, Alchemy 4, Armor 2, Critical 5
Insectoid - Wizard - Strong Mind or Chtitin Armor, Aura - Concentration 3, Fire 5, Air 4, Water 3, Earth 2
Last edited by JJoschy on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bbcs168

Post by bbcs168 »

Human - Fighter
Human - Fighter
Ratling - Alchemist
Insectoid - Battle Mage
Mythago

Post by Mythago »

I started with this party:

Lizardman Barbarian / Endure Elements & Agile / Heavy Weapons & Armor
I wanted a positive evasion score so started with high dex. Str started lower but it improves with levels (he currently has 20 str / 19dex).

Ratling Rogue / Mutation & Agile / Light weapons & Dodge
Dual wield daggers with high dex & evasion. Light armors after the barbarian gets heavy armors.

Human Alchemist / Skilled & Agile / Missile Weapons & Alchemy & Air Magic
Potions and ranged damage. Missile weapons first, and air magic later just for fun (also needs Concentration 1 to equip some crappy wand).
(Maybe a mistake, should've taken Fast Learner instead of Skilled because magic comes so late)

Human Wizard / Skilled & Fast Learner / Concentration & Water Magic & Earth Magic
Faster exp to get more spellcasting skills earlier, because frost spells need a couple points in other elements. Also high concentration for wands / energy.
jimicapone

Post by jimicapone »

Human Fighter
Minotaur Barbarian
Ratling Rogue
Insectoid Wizard

Looking back I think I should have made an Alchemist instead of Wizard but things are working out so far.
Lightthrower

Post by Lightthrower »

Insect Knight, dual weilding light weapons
Human Barbarian, Heavy weapons
Ratling Alchemist, firearms + some spells + alchemy
Human Battle Mage, Fire+Air+Earth magic and also Accuracy 2 to hit from the back
josh112

Post by josh112 »

Went with a full party of Lizardman for the +resist all can start with 50 base in all resists with passive and trait. All my chars have 70+ resists and my frontline one has 100 cold resist using neck and other 90+ poison/cold resist from the tomes. So my frontline is just about immune to cold elementals and my backline only gets hit for about 5 from the ice spells. I can let fire elementals freely suicide into me and my party is still all about 70% health. I am extremely happy with my choice.

Lizadman Rogue - Dual wield light weapons
Lizardman Fighter - Heavy weapon + shield, the 25% less cost for skills really helps as later the skills get costly and a barbarian likely can't cast due to such low energy
SpoilerShow
Bane devastate costs 80 energy to cast and hits for HUGE damage, I have crit for 630 with this skill
Lizardman Alchemist - Alchemist 4 ATM
SpoilerShow
At this skill level you can create a potion that turns a char into a bear and it's VERY strong, drains 1 energy per second but the damage hits for about 60 with short delay. Makes your alchemist into quite a fighter. At alchemist 5 you can create a necromancer potion which will likely be stronger. I have the recipe but not sure what this potion will do yet.
Lizardman Wizard - Fire 4 Air 3
SpoilerShow
Going for the meteor spell, need Fire 5 and air 3. Strongest spell in the game I have seen so far