Starting Party Composition

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Doom972

Re: Starting Party Composition

Post by Doom972 »

Front line:

Race/Class: Human/Knight.
Traits: Muscular and Skilled.
Skills: Athletics, Armor and Light Weapons.

Race/Class: Human/Barbarian.
Traits: Muscular and Skilled.
Skills: Athletics, Armor and Heavy Weapons.

Back line:

Race/Class: Human/Alchemist.
Traits: Agile and Skilled.
Skills: Alchemy, Firearms and Accuracy.

Race/Class: Human/Wizard.
Traits: Strong Mind and Skilled.
Skills: Concentration, Fire Magic and Air Magic.

Works well so far. At first I tried a build with a battlemage in the front row instead of the barbarian and a rogue instead of the wizard, but that wasn't going anywhere.
Saice

Post by Saice »

ImageLoG2allRats by Saice, on Flickr

They all have Mutation and Endurance (not for the food but because I am a packrat). I am thinking about restarting and swapping the Battle mage for a rouge or something I'm not really liking the Battlemage to be honest.

Shiny Shiny and Ashes are my front liners at the moment but Ashes just seems to face tank everything and die way to much.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
macBos

Post by macBos »

Hi

Call me old-fashioned but I am playing with 4 humans party :twisted: Does anyone have the same party?

1st row: Fighter (light weapons), Battle Mage (fire/water spells)
2nd row: Wizard (air/earth spells), Rogue (alchemist, firearmer)

Btw.: Love this second episonde of LoG so far!
Dematto

Post by Dematto »

naturgewald wrote:So after I spend some time in the game I decided to make a new party.
This is WiP since this will be my last reset and I want to choose carefully.

If anyone has tipps for me plz give them to me.
I'm running a Lizard Knight too. That super-resist! :mrgreen:
For your second Trait, I might advise against +Vit. It doesn't seem to be adding to HP on level up currently. Maybe bugged.
Instead, I'd probably go with +20HP. I took the +Accuracy trait so that I could hit more reliably, and I'm torn on whether or not that was a decent idea.
Your protections will get rolling pretty soon, and in small amounts I'm not sure you'll notice it if you take the talent for 5-10 points out of the gate. What I DID notice was that my Lizard Knight needs a lot of babying. (Currently approaching Level 5) Even in second slot, with around 30 protection, he's the first to die when I get backed up against a wall and have to tank and spank.

Ergo, my recommendation, for what it's worth, is to consider grabbing the +20HP trait, and possibly dropping a point in the HP skill early on.
naturgewald

Post by naturgewald »

I need to update my char build. I have a diffrend setup.
I took +5 prot and my lizard is not the one on the stick, when someone is near death (whats is rarly) then it's my rat in the first row but I guess he has just to build more ev.
I am standing before the shrine of pain (not so much time to play :cry:) but until now my team is pretty solid.

Edit: Party Build updated.
ron1n

Post by ron1n »

Went for all Lizardmen party and took Elements resistance on all 4, so have 50-60% resistance to everything across the board. (Already have some immunities too thanks to some +50 resist jewelry)

Knight (light weapons) Barbarian (heavy weapons)

Rogue (Missle) Alchemist (Throwing & Firearm)

Going alright so far. Frost elementals are a walkover with the resistance it seems.
Hoping it will make the poison damage from spiders be less of a big deal too.
Jaelus

Post by Jaelus »

Ended up restarting with a few tweaks. Dropped STR on my Ratling Rogue and Human Alchemist in favor of more VIT and WIL. Changed Evasive to Agile on the Rogue. 3 evasion is nice, but considering he's a dagger rogue and all his weapons will give +dmg from DEX, the extra accuracy and damage (especially with backstab and crit multipliers) makes more sense in the long run. Also changed my Wizard from starting with Concentration and Water to Water and Air for better synergy and earlier spells.
JJoschy

Post by JJoschy »

Barbarian - Minotaur - Head Hunter, Aggressive - Heavy Weapons, Armor, later Dodge - Weapons: 2handed + shield
Barbarian - Lizardman - Endure Elements, Aggressive - Light Weapons, Dodge, later Armor - Weapons Dual Wield
Thief - Ratling - Mutation, Agile - Missle Weapon, Alchemie, later critical and Armor 2
Wizard - Insectoid - Quick, Aura - Concentration, Fire later other Magic School

Why 2 Barbarians ?
This class has the most HP per lv and +1 strength per level, ist the best close combat class

Why no Knight ?
Evasion Bonus for shield ist bugged ( Bonus is very small, too)
+1 protection per level is... ridiculous

max level ist 14-16
What is better ?
14-16 More Strength (28-32 damage) or 14-16 more protection ?
King Semos

Post by King Semos »

I went with,

Front Line -

Insectoid BattleMage. Chitin Armor / Healthy.
Minotaur Barbarian. Head Hunter / Muscular.

Back Line -

Lizardman Rogue. Agressive / Agile. (going dual wield)
Human Alchemist. Skilled / Fast Learner.
Sir Tawmis

Post by Sir Tawmis »

I went with:

{ Tawmis } Human / Barbarian - Aggressive | Muscular
{ Taren Bloodhorn } Minotaur / Knight - Head Hunter | Rage
{ Coy } Ratling / Rogue - Mutation | Evasive
{ Blaz'tik} Insectoid / Battle Mage - Chitin Armor | Strong Mind

Which are all characters from my Legend of Grimrock writing here on these forums, called Destiny's Chance!
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.