Indestructible Enemies + some smaller problems

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck in Grimrock 2 or if you want to discuss about the mysteries of the Isle of Nex. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Deathuponu

Re: Indestructible Enemies + some smaller problems

Post by Deathuponu »

I just circled around the spikes... to spot to spot... and lured elemental away. Then looted the items.

if you want know about that spot read bellow
SpoilerShow
P.S there is a very good necklace in there as well don't miss it :)
UglyBastard

Post by UglyBastard »

Unfortunately the scroll is a secret. It's also a bit tricky, relatively easy to miss the correct move and get it.

Scroll whereabouts
SpoilerShow
Rest on the "tower of meditation" to receive it.
Sming

Post by Sming »

These green bastards sure know how to ruin your day.
Gonna try and backtrack to runemasters challenge and see if i can find something to help me deal with them.

Btw, this is one of the very few games that can get me to check forums for tips on how to beat.
Usually i just go meh and never finish a game once i get stuck.
But Grimrock has some magic quality to it that draws me in.

The only games i get the same vibe from are dark souls 1 and 2. Incredibly difficult and mysterious, yet beautiful and so very rewarding.
So far i am very impressed.

GJ devs!
Chimera005ao

Post by Chimera005ao »

The unfortunate thing is, that it is immune against physical attacks and all elements except lightning.
Really..? I saw 0s for all attacks except lightinging, but lightning was green so I figured it healed off air magic (being apparently some kind of wind elemental, it does make a gusty kind of sound after all)
There is a stone head that says something about duality, and I read about elements canceling each other out, so I figured Earth magic would work.
I didn't have any, nor weapons that did Earth magic damage. But my alchemist could make poison bombs (and I later tried a staff that shoots poison bolts) but it didn't work.
So I just lured it away from where I wanted to explore and ignored it. Its pretty slow.

I think what I did should have worked. Reward me for my versatility and adaptability, don't punish me for not choosing specific skills to put points in...
endervoid

Post by endervoid »

I like the game but the design of the elementals is really bad imo, i was lucky to find the secret dispel spell but if i hadn't or didn't have a mage i would be pretty stuck. Why let them spawn in an area that is already cleared i don't understand.

Has somebody discovered a weapon that can harm the elementals?
CollectiveS

Post by CollectiveS »

Hmm...that's not good to hear :/. I've reached the sewers and then headed back to shipwreck beach as I realised there was a secret there I'd never actually opened, unfortunately one of those air elementals spawned in sleet island and now it's completely blocking my path back to the main areas (it's just on the other side of the Twigroot forest/sleet island transition).

As soon as I move through I have a few seconds to do stuff then it pushes me back through the transition. Reloading an old game would lose about 4-5 hours work >.> I didn't find the spell that works, so if anyone can help at all it would be greatly appreciated :/.
josh112

Post by josh112 »

The way I found to kill them without dispel:
SpoilerShow
There is a weapon called Ethereal blade that you can get it can't damage anything but elementals, has high damage and can kill the green leafy guy in about 5 hits
endervoid

Post by endervoid »

CollectiveS wrote:Hmm...that's not good to hear :/. I've reached the sewers and then headed back to shipwreck beach as I realised there was a secret there I'd never actually opened, unfortunately one of those air elementals spawned in sleet island and now it's completely blocking my path back to the main areas (it's just on the other side of the Twigroot forest/sleet island transition).

As soon as I move through I have a few seconds to do stuff then it pushes me back through the transition. Reloading an old game would lose about 4-5 hours work >.> I didn't find the spell that works, so if anyone can help at all it would be greatly appreciated :/.
You can try to wait before the transation, eventually the elemental will move away and you can run by it. Worked with me :)
Hatman

Post by Hatman »

endervoid wrote:
CollectiveS wrote:Hmm...that's not good to hear :/. I've reached the sewers and then headed back to shipwreck beach as I realised there was a secret there I'd never actually opened, unfortunately one of those air elementals spawned in sleet island and now it's completely blocking my path back to the main areas (it's just on the other side of the Twigroot forest/sleet island transition).

You can try to wait before the transation, eventually the elemental will move away and you can run by it. Worked with me :)
Also, if you have ANY enemy that you can't or don't want to deal with ... Force Field!
Elmsfeuer

Post by Elmsfeuer »

juho wrote:There's couple of tricks to damage the Air elemental. A special weapon and a spell.
Well I got really lucky. Was in the hub and teleported back to go in the crystal mines, and I teleported on the elemental and now it´s dead. lol :D

Return to “Gameplay Hints”