Grimrock II crashes upon quicksaving and crystal saving

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
Obyvvatel

Grimrock II crashes upon quicksaving and crystal saving

Post by Obyvvatel »

Whenever I try to save the game by using F5, or whenever I touch the healing crystal the game freezes for a moment and then there's, I don't know, maybe 50% chance that it crashes. If it is important I'm recording the game (video and sound) with Action by Mirillis. It's been very frustrating since the game crash also breaks the video file that I've been recording and I'm unable to open it in any software.
CremionisD

Re: Grimrock II crashes upon quicksaving and crystal saving

Post by CremionisD »

Hi there. Is the recording software recording into an AVI file? If it is, you might want to try VirtualDub to recover the recording. It has some features to handle damaged video files too..
Obyvvatel

Post by Obyvvatel »

CremionisD wrote:Hi there. Is the recording software recording into an AVI file? If it is, you might want to try VirtualDub to recover the recording. It has some features to handle damaged video files too..
It's recording in .mp4 - at least now, because I've chosen it to be that way :(
thomson

Post by thomson »

You may want to try playing it with mplayer/mencoder. Check out -forceidx option, it helps sometimes for broken AVIs. I don't recall off hand if mp4 has an index or not.
[MOD] Eye of the Beholder: Waterdeep sewers forum sources; Grimtools (LoG1 -> LoG2 converter) sources
Obyvvatel

Post by Obyvvatel »

I just checked that it also crashes without recording. :(