Low fps after closing the map

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
ZedDukeOfBanville

Low fps after closing the map

Post by ZedDukeOfBanville »

Hey everyone,

LOG2 is finally out :) well done Almost Human!

I only have one problem so far : I'm usually using the map a lot with the Tab key but it's often slowing down the game after closing it. Most of the time I'm getting 10-15 fps for a few seconds, sometimes longer, sometimes it doesn't revert at all to normal fps so I have to alt-tab Steam and then go back to the game and it's fine. Am I the only one getting those slowdowns?

edit: it's back to normal when touching a crystal too.
CremionisD

Re: Low fps after closing the map

Post by CremionisD »

I have these too, but my system seems to recover fast enough, so for me this is not big issue.
sarvrin

Post by sarvrin »

I am getting those slowdowns too. Nothing game breaking on the long run :)
ZedDukeOfBanville

I'm still getting some slowdowns when closing the map. My system is way over the minimum requirements and not very far from the recommended ones. It's not that annoying but I have to alt-tab the game and it's quite frightening when you're chased by a crab or an icy-knight-thing :mrgreen:

However that's happening only when switching from the map to the main game window. I did not get any other slowdowns in the game (I've played for almost 10 hours now).
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

hmm ..
Perhaps there is some GPU throttling going on, like "oh too much power drain -> system needs to reduce gpu clock".
You can check if this is the case with the GPU-Z tool. If you see green lines or bars in the PerfCap Sensor it might be this. The solution would be to release any power saving options on the graphics card. If it's an nVidia you might want to set the "Maximum Power" energy setting inside the nvidia driver.
ZedDukeOfBanville

Thanks Dr. Disaster, it helped :) My video card is indeed a nVidia and I was able to create a profile for LoG2 with maximum power in the parameters. No more slowdowns!
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Sounds cool! Happy hunting! 8-)