OK, so now a personal question or two.

General discussion that is not related to Grimrock goes here.
saintus

Re: OK, so now a personal question or two.

Post by saintus »

1: How old are you? 37
2: Where are you from? Stockholm, Sweden
3: Top 5 RPGs (however you define them)?
Baldurs Gate, Oblivion, Faery Tale Adventure, SSI Goldbox games, Legend of Faerghail
4: Top 5 non RPGs? All future based games.
5: What was the game that made you a gamer?
As an RPG it was Bards Tale on Commodore 64 (Cassette version!)
6: Which era in you opinion produced best made the best RPGs? (defnitions at bottom of post)
The 1990:s. From Legend of Faerghail to Baldurs Gate
7: What is your gaming platform of Choice? PC
8: On a scale of 1-10 where 1 is ultra casual gamer, and 10 is obsessive uber geek where would you place yourself.
My rating would be 5 today (has been 9).
Keyz

Post by Keyz »

1: How old are you?

2: Where are you from?
Czech Republic

Ultima Online,Gothic 1,2 Witcher1,2 Diablo, Dungeon Siege

4: Top 5 non RPGs?
Dungeon Keeper, Commandos1,2, Duke Nukem 3D, Operaton Flashpoint, Mafia,Stalker with DMP

Ultima Online

6: Which era in you opinion produced best made the best RPGs? (defnitions at bottom of post)
Silver Age

7: What is your gaming platform of Choice?
PC

8: On a scale of 1-10 where 1 is ultra casual gamer, and 10 is obsessive uber
Last edited by Keyz on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arinvald

Post by Arinvald »

1. How old? 47

2. Location? Kentucky

3. Top 5 rpg's? Ultima Underworld, Daggerfall, Wizards and Warriors, The Witcher, and Skyrim.

4. Top non-rpg's? Rome: TW, Lords of the Realm 2, Operation Crusader, Half-Life, and Pirates Gold.

5. game that made me a gamer? Wizardry 7

6. Best era for rpg's? 90-2002. Silver

7. Platform of choice? PC

8. Intensity as a gamer? 8
Akatana

Post by Akatana »

1: How old are you? 18
2: Where are you from? Wolfsburg, Germany
3: Top 5 RPGs (however you define them)? Gothic, Risen, Skyrim, Morrowind, Baldurs Gate
4: Top 5 non RPGs? Assassins Creed, GTA hmm normaly I just Play RPG's :)
5: What was the game that made you a gamer? Diablo
6: Which era in you opinion produced best made the best RPGs? (defnitions at bottom of post): I do not understand the question... Do you mean which year? If yes the 90's
7: What is your gaming platform of Choice? PC
8: On a scale of 1-10 where 1 is ultra casual gamer, and 10 is obsessive uber geek where would you place yourself? 7
relarmane

Post by relarmane »

Jack Dandy wrote:
relarmane wrote: 5: What was the game that made you a gamer? S.C.Out, an old DOS/Amiga Top Down action/puzzler( I am still trying to find ways to play this game. The software is so old I cannot get it off of the floppy to even emulate it. I am in the process of getting an older computer so I can make a copy that is compatible with current systems)
Just use dosbox man, it's super useful.
I can't get DosBox to read the disk. Trust me, I have tried this for years :(
jfunk

Post by jfunk »

relarmane wrote:
Jack Dandy wrote:
relarmane wrote: 5: What was the game that made you a gamer? S.C.Out, an old DOS/Amiga Top Down action/puzzler( I am still trying to find ways to play this game. The software is so old I cannot get it off of the floppy to even emulate it. I am in the process of getting an older computer so I can make a copy that is compatible with current systems)
Just use dosbox man, it's super useful.
I can't get DosBox to read the disk. Trust me, I have tried this for years :(
Just Google the game name and be on your way. If you're literally holding the physical disks you purchased with one hand while you click the mouse with your other, your conscience should be all clear. :)
Subject153

Post by Subject153 »

1: 17 nearly 18
2: Merry Ol England
3: Deus Ex Series (apart from 2),The Elder Scrolls (Series),Fallout(Series), Vampire The Masquerade(Series) and Ultima (Series except Pagan) (Yes I know it only meant to be five games but I changed it to series! :D)
4: Thief Series, System Shock series, Legend Of Zelda, Metroid, Half life 1 and 2.
5: More than likely it was Sonic 1 on the Sega Megadrive, it was most likely the first game I have ever played.
6: Silver to modern age. More so Silver age though.
7: Mainly Pc however I also play on my xbox 360 and psp a lot.
8: 7-8 I'm pretty into gaming, I'm always on the look at for "Retro games" and interesting gaming memorabilia.
relarmane

Post by relarmane »

jfunk wrote: Just Google the game name and be on your way. If you're literally holding the physical disks you purchased with one hand while you click the mouse with your other, your conscience should be all clear. :)
I have yet to find a fully working copy of it. I found a mobile version that is bugged and has at least 2 unbeatable levels.
Kanubis

Post by Kanubis »

1: How old are you? 33
2: Where are you from? Jersey, Channel Islands
3: Top 5 RPGs (however you define them)? Dungeon Master, Morrowind, FFVI, Demon's Winter, Star Wars Galaxies.
4: Top 5 non RPGs? TIE Fighter, Deus Ex, Half-Life 2, UFO, Jedi Knight (Lucasarts used to rock :( )
5: What was the game that made you a gamer? Citadel on the Acorn Electron.
6: Which era in you opinion produced best made the best RPGs? (defnitions at bottom of post) Tricky, because they all had a focus on what they did best. Probably your 'silver age' as presentation and plot had advanced without yet sacrificing deep mechanics.
7: What is your gaming platform of Choice? PC, all the time. I only use consoles for sports games.
8: On a scale of 1-10 where 1 is ultra casual gamer, and 10 is obsessive uber geek where would you place yourself. Um, 8 I guess. I lose a point every five years or so!
Caris

Post by Caris »

1: How old are you?
Turning 40 this september.
2: Where are you from?
Hungary
Dungeon Master, Ultima VII, Ultima Underworld I-II, Final Fantasy VII, Demon's Souls/Dark Souls
4: Top 5 non RPGs?
Thief I-II, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Dagger of Amon Ra (Sierra adventure game), Jet Set Willy (on the ZX Spectrum), Turrican II (on the Amiga)
Atic Atac on the ZX Spectrum. The game that made me an RPG-gamer was Bard's Tale on the ZX Spectrum. Spent countless hours drawing maps and trying to crack the riddles.
Golden Age
7: What is your gaming platform of Choice?
PC and PS3
8: On a scale of 1-10 where 1 is ultra casual gamer, and 10 is obsessive uber geek where would you place yourself. I used to be 9, but know with a full time job, a full time 2,5 years old daughter and attending to a college my playtime is limited. So I am rather 3-4 now.