Can't get past the first loading screen

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
Wramo

Can't get past the first loading screen

Post by Wramo »

Ran the compatibility test just fine, and the first menu loads up, but when I start a new game it sticks on the Loading... screen with the key and I have to start the task manager to shut it down. I'm launching from Steam. Any ideas?
Dr.Disaster

Re: Can't get past the first loading screen

Post by Dr.Disaster »

How about to just wait?
Wramo

Post by Wramo »

The longest I've tried to wait is ten minutes, I guess I could try waiting longer if you think that will work, but when I start the task manager up it does say that Grimrock II is "not responding."
petri

Post by petri »

Any errors in grimrock.log in Documents/Almost Human/Legend of Grimrock 2?
Wramo

Post by Wramo »

Nope, seems fine. I have verified the game files, though sometimes it doesn't even get to the menu and I get either the cursor with only a black screen and music, or just the loading screen with no music and no cursor.
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Could be a low memory or even disk space issue. What are your system specs? Which Windows, RAM, GPU, video driver version?
Wramo

Post by Wramo »

Hmmmm, I guess I'm suspecting my Nvidia optimus thing. Trying to play this on a laptop at the moment, and it has given me problems in the past.

I'm running
windows 7 64 bit
intel core i5 2.40ghz
4gb memory 3.79gb useable
nvidia geforce 310m (1gb)

My driver version was old, even though windows was telling me it was up to date, so I am updating it now, we'll see how it goes.
Wramo

Post by Wramo »

Installed the latest drivers, no improvement. Not sure what else to do.
JohnWordsworth

Post by JohnWordsworth »

Have you tried the game on low graphics settings? If you can get to the first menu then try turning all of the graphics settings to the lowest (to start with) and see if that helps. The 310M is a pretty old graphics card, so I would expect that you will likely have to play in Low Graphics Mode in order to get satisfactory performance (although, probably with high textures in that mode).
My Grimrock Projects Page with links to the Grimrock Model Toolkit, GrimFBX, Atlas Toolkit, QuickBar, NoteBook and the Oriental Weapons Pack.
RMariano

Post by RMariano »

Wramo wrote:Hmmmm, I guess I'm suspecting my Nvidia optimus thing. Trying to play this on a laptop at the moment, and it has given me problems in the past.

I'm running
windows 7 64 bit
intel core i5 2.40ghz
4gb memory 3.79gb useable
nvidia geforce 310m (1gb)

My driver version was old, even though windows was telling me it was up to date, so I am updating it now, we'll see how it goes.
Try using Game Booster by Razer

It does work in many instances where specs are minimal. Also, in some cases load times are shortened.
Regards,

RMariano