[Resolved - Sir Tawmis ] LOG2 Error On Launch.

Have trouble running Legend of Grimrock 2 or do you have questions about the purchasing options? Look for help here.
Sir Tawmis

[Resolved - Sir Tawmis ] LOG2 Error On Launch.

Post by Sir Tawmis »

I ran the compatibility test and it ran completely fine. Launched LOG2 from Steam and got the following error:

Last edited by Sir Tawmis on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Sir Tawmis

Re: LOG2 Error On Launch.

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Well my NVidia drivers were for July 2014, thought they would be up to date enough (since it worked for the compatibility test just fine) - but just found some updated drivers for my card, so that's installing at the moment...

But for some specs...

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
8GB memory
NVidia GeForce GT 545 (version it's being updated to is like 344.11)
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Dr.Disaster

Re: LOG2 Error On Launch.

Post by Dr.Disaster »

Seems like DirectX error of sorts. Re-run the DirectX installer and the Visual C++ redistibutble that came with the game. When this still does not work more info is needed like a "dxdiag" report.

EDIT: be sure the nvidia driver installation is clean and no mix-up of different releases! Results could be most unusual. I recommend the use of DDU (see http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/ ) to ensure this.
Sir Tawmis

Re: [Resolved - Sir Tawmis ] LOG2 Error On Launch.

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Well the update of the driver required a reboot - so I am not sure if it was the driver being updated or just rebooting - but it works now!

/Off to the Isle of Nex