Legend of Grimrock 3

Talk about anything related to Legend of Grimrock 2 here.
Sir Tawmis

Re: Legend of Grimrock 3

Post by Sir Tawmis »

Isaac wrote: Realms of Arkania let the party split up.
That they did, but it was still single player. I am trying to think of multiplayer in the way LOG is formatted. Even if you split the party, unless everyone went their own direction - you'd still be "teamed up" with someone.

I mean, they could do it the way Bioware does the Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO - where it does a dice roll, to see who says what during a quest. That could, somehow work. Random dice roll on everyone's profile picture; shows it - the highest roll controls the party's movement/direction for five minutes (individual players would control their own characters during combat, naturally).
Define ... 'Lost.' Neverending Nights - The Neverwinter Machinima that WILL make you laugh!
Also read: Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance here on the forum! Check out the site I made for Legend of Grimrock: Destiny's Chance.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

Each player could run more than one PC. The party could be six PC's and three players in the game.
1varangian

Post by 1varangian »

Multiplayer, multiplayer, multiplayer.

Would be so awesome with the dungeon editor. Endless replayability. We played the heck out of Bloodwych with my friends just because multiplayer is 4x the fun.

Even if it was just human PCs in Grimrock 3 pls do it.
diceman

Post by diceman »

I don't think that Multiplayer would work in a game like GRIMROCK, especially not when everyone would be able to move on their on: one of the main challenge is learning to maneuver in battles; in a 4-Player-Multiplayer-Game you could easily circle the enemy, with everyone hacking away from their point of view. Not fun, and not challenging in my opinion.

WHAT I would like (in a third part):
NPCs for simple Fetch-and-Headhunt-Quests. There wouldn't be any need for a Questlog, they just need to stand around and have a Greeting-Message, one Quest-Message, and one Thank-You-Message available. They could also give some basic clues for puzzles. Basically like NPCs worked in the ISHAR-Series, not the chatty, obnoxious kind we have in nowadays RPGs. Would really help, to make the world of GRIMROCK feel even more alive, while still keeping the focus on Gameplay.
CremionisD

Post by CremionisD »

diceman wrote:I don't think that Multiplayer would work in a game like GRIMROCK, especially not when everyone would be able to move on their on: one of the main challenge is learning to maneuver in battles; in a 4-Player-Multiplayer-Game you could easily circle the enemy, with everyone hacking away from their point of view. Not fun, and not challenging in my opinion.
Back in the Amiga days there was a game called Hired Guns (By DMA Design / Psygnosis); It had four player multiplayer, and it was a tile-based dungeon crawler -- though it was set in the future. Anyway, the multiplayer was an endless source of fun! I even purchased extra hardware to really enable four players on my trusty old Amiga 500.

The multiplayer was limited in various ways, and todays technology could easily overcome the problems that caused the limitations!
Saice

Post by Saice »

What I would to see in LoG3

Not starting as a prisoner

Being able to pick some starting gear

More story. Heck maybe even a chapter based narrative where at the end of the chapter you pass on some legacy items to a new party for the next chapter to start with.

A deeper and more rewarding spell list

A more rewarding melee/range system. Heck wizards use a rune grid why can weapons have a technique grid to do a list of attacks?

I would say more open worldish but we don't even have real NPC systems to interact with.

Monsters that can sometimes attack on the diagonal or use other tricks like teleporting
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
My end game stats LoG 1st play through
Firderis

Post by Firderis »

Saice wrote:Not starting as a prisoner
I know, that story is getting old. But it's part of the Grimrock-Lore. So...don't mind. And start again as a prisoner in Grimrock III :)
7Soul

Post by 7Soul »

I would like a return of the leveling system from LoG1. There were many milestones within each skills, and on each level up you could get a bunch of cool new stats, making leveling a lot more rewarding and exciting

And more magic spells, like a shock and ice equivalent of the meteor spell. Maybe spells that hit a different formation of tiles, and more utility spells
Join the LoG discord server: https://discord.gg/ArgAgNN :D

My Mods
Gordon228

Post by Gordon228 »

some of talk of multilayer and say how can this be done well here is my solution and that is depending on the map/mod/server you could have everyone start as one character where at any given time "unless there controlling more that one character" form up and the character that is the party leader would control the group. if they wanted to separate they could. even tho you could surround lets say a spider thats not the best action as there may be other spiders lurking about and so of your attention is on one spider you could end up with one person grabbing corpses to revive them so it heavily relies on tactics. take from this what you will.
ernirulez

Post by ernirulez »

jwdenzel wrote:Please never make it non-tile based.
I Completely agree. I would not buy it then. This game is the best in its genre (tile based, dungeon crawling). If you take that away, it´s just another game more between hundreds...