Mapping Software

Talk about anything Legend of Grimrock 1 related here.
Binarynova

Mapping Software

Post by Binarynova »

Can anyone suggest some software for mapping a game like this? I might end up just doing it on graph paper anyway (because I like having real, physical maps), but doing it on my laptop as I play on my desktop would be pretty nice too. Especially if I decide to make a fan site with maps and strategies or document my party's adventures in blog form. :)
fuzbaul

Re: Mapping Software

Post by fuzbaul »

erm whats wrong with the ingame one ?
gronkdamage

Post by gronkdamage »

fuzbaul wrote:erm whats wrong with the ingame one ?
lol - yeah; I about fell outta my chair when I read that. At first I thought he was trolling.
dbgager

Post by dbgager »

I had exactly that same kind of quandry yesterday. I found this program called autorealm.. Here is a link to that thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=402
dbgager

Post by dbgager »

fuz and gronk...Half the fun is drawing your own map guys. Now thats old school. Thats also why they provided old school mode in the settings that turns off the automap completelly.
gronkdamage

Post by gronkdamage »

dbgager wrote:fuz and gronk...Half the fun is drawing your own map guys.
That's why you need mapping software?
dbgager

Post by dbgager »

Yes...that would actully be drawing your own map..with a computer program using the tools and symbols provided.
Binarynova

Post by Binarynova »

dbgager wrote:I had exactly that same kind of quandry yesterday. I found this program called autorealm.. Here is a link to that thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=402
Thanks for the link. I really should have searched first. My apologies. AutoRealm seems like it'll do the trick, though it may be almost too much for the job. I may just break down and go pick up a pad of graph paper tonight. :)

EDIT: Better yet. I found a spiral bound pad of graph paper. Didn't think I had one laying around. Eeeeexcellent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUH3JQjcweM :twisted: