Stuck on teleporter puzzle

This is the forum for helping you out if you're stuck or if you want to discuss the nitty gritty details of the dungeons within Mount Grimrock. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
Shadowfied

Stuck on teleporter puzzle

Post by Shadowfied »

Hi! Just registered. Have been waiting for Grimrock for a looong time and it was definitely worth the wait.

I've been enjoying it a lot and solved all puzzles up until now, I've really been looking around a lot, found two secrets rather than a solution.
I'm in this room:
SpoilerShow
Click on image for full size
So the teleporters move around the room at the exact same time, there's a pressure plate in the right corner which opens the gate ahead but there's no way to get around and the pressure plate needs pressure for the gate to stay open, and if you throw e.g a rock on the pressure plate the teleporters pick up the rock as well and puts you back. Any clues?
Rednecksith

Re: Stuck on teleporter puzzle

Post by Rednecksith »

I'm completely stumped on the exact same one. I gave up after about an hour and a half. Found two secrets in the area, but no solution. There's a pressure plate on the left which I'm pretty sure closes the pit, but there's no way to move fast enough to get to it before you get teleported. For the sake of what's left of my hair, please help! lol

Edit: Oh BTW the spiders can kiss my butt. Fast little suckers.
Sometimes I wish the world was flat so I could push people off.
Kapaneus

Post by Kapaneus »

SpoilerShow
Just throw a stone on the left plate, then the pit closes. You have to wait for the right moment or your stone will be teleported befor it lands on the plate. ;)
kyarr

Post by kyarr »

SpoilerShow
Forward, right, forward. Now *turn* left. Across you see a push plate. Throw a rock. It will make the trapdoor in the middle to close. You'll be teleported out. Now: forward, forward. When the light passes, right, throw rock. Left. Forward, forward.
skrir

Post by skrir »

EDIT: Ninja'ed! /EDIT
SpoilerShow
Basically you move into the room, then strafe right, then go ahead one, so that the pit is on your left side and you are facing the pressure plate. Then turn left, so that you are facing the pit and throw a stone (or whatever) across, so that it hits the other pressure plate. As others have said, you have to time it a bit so that whatever you throw doesn't get teleported in mid-air.
Having an awesome time with this game so far!
~ Kristian
Shadowfied

Post by Shadowfied »

Thanks guys! Got it!