MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Talk about creating Grimrock 1 levels and mods here. Warning: forum contains spoilers!
bazzietuk

Re: MASTER QUEST HELP: puzzles, clues, SECRETS, WALKTHROUGH

Post by bazzietuk »

Is there a way to stop the Uggardians in the hall of fire area? I lure them out to kill them one at a time and they seem to respawn constantly. There's no chance to do the puzzle in this section with them roaming around and throwing fireballs at you constantly.
Komag

Post by Komag »

They respawn on a timer but only when you re-enter the area, I think it's about 6 minutes or so (there are a couple that spawn based on you stepping on a certain location within the area as well). So you need to just fight them off, then you have some time available for a few minutes, or if you stay in the area and never fall down, they will never come back.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Easier said than done, not high enough stats to take them out easily and the pits don't help either, by the time I've taken one out they've respawned again :(
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Done that and now on the fighters challenge after getting the sword of Nex, how do you swap the dagger in the alcove for a different item like the text on the wall says you can do?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

bazzietuk wrote:Done that and now on the fighters challenge after getting the sword of Nex, how do you swap the dagger in the alcove for a different item like the text on the wall says you can do?
Return it to the alcove.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

I've tried that and all I get is the dagger still. Is there any sequence that has to be done to change the item? Torches to remove, buttons to push or something? Or do you mean put it into the secret alcove that the button on the back wall opens up?
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

bazzietuk wrote:I've tried that and all I get is the dagger still. Is there any sequence that has to be done to change the item? Torches to remove, buttons to push or something? Or do you mean put it into the secret alcove that the button on the back wall opens up?
Nope. Just return it and leave it behind.
bazzietuk

Post by bazzietuk »

Call me stupid but how does that give you another item in replace of it then if you leave it behind? :)
Dr.Disaster

Post by Dr.Disaster »

bazzietuk wrote:Call me stupid but how does that give you another item in replace of it then if you leave it behind? :)
You'll see.
Komag

Post by Komag »

Yeah, you just have to try it, leave it and leave the area.
Finished Dungeons - complete mods to play